Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Multiline Ar source in ebay (i think)

Hey!

Im not going to buy this as i dont have money for it...its a bargain and i think one can salvage an Ar-Ion (multiline) out of this

correct me if im wrong

and...is it a bargain??

DNA sequencer-check it out

Last edited:

really? saw a film on youtube of a guy who salvaged one out of an ABI dna sequencer...and was multiline...dunno...

Nice find especially for someone in Il. or near enough to do local pick-up.

Worth that price?
definetly if you want to sequence DNA.

not too bad for doing an Ar harvest.
It may have a round tube-- if so it will have a hose and fan.

If it has a square head the fans are usually on top(more desireable)

either way it should also have a remote interface.

could be either 110 or 220-but 110 PS can be gotten for 40$ or it may be converted.
SL or ML-- a search for the data sheet could tell you that-

btw IIRC even tho ,to me, a ML is more desireable afaik the SL costs more.

ALSO if anyone is going for it please post that here as MOST of us at lpf , out of common courtesy will not bid on an auction that another member is bidding on.
(Dibs)
but Thats just me.

thanks to LordK for posting this find. +rep to you sir

hak

daguin

Nice find especially for someone in Il. or near enough to do local pick-up.

Worth that price?
definetly if you want to sequence DNA.

not too bad for doing an Ar harvest.
It may have a round tube-- if so it will have a hose and fan.

If it has a square head the fans are usually on top(more desireable)

either way it should also have a remote interface.

could be either 110 or 220-but 110 PS can be gotten for 40$ or it may be converted.
SL or ML-- a search for the data sheet could tell you that-

btw IIRC even tho ,to me, a ML is more desireable afaik the SL costs more.

ALSO if anyone is going for it please post that here as MOST of us at lpf , out of common courtesy will not bid on an auction that another member is bidding on.
(Dibs)
but Thats just me.

thanks to LordK for posting this find. +rep to you sir

hak

The 373 should be 110V. I have not harvested one of these models yet, but my research shows some researchers referring to the 488nm line and others referring to the 488nm line AND the 514nm line

ML is usually more costly than single line (488nm)

It will have a PSU, but the remote interface will be integral to the unit.

It will have a fan with it.

You can get one for less money from me and you don't have to pay to ship the whole sequencer

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-argon-gas-lasers-60325.html

Peace,
dave

But the one FP posted is 458...id really prefer a 488 or ML one...but just aying...and starting at 9$...yeah...thats a bargain xD

daguin

^ FP beatened me with this link ..... and the same seller have another unit too.

National Laser NLC Drive Head Argon Ion +Power Supply - eBay (item 390285383958 end time Feb-10-11 14:30:52 PST)

(at this rate, you USA residents can start to buy Ar lasers on drugstores, in few months, LOL)

But the one FP posted is 458...id really prefer a 488 or ML one...but just aying...and starting at 9$...yeah...thats a bargain xD

There are many good deals on fleabay if you are patient. I buy many of my components there.

However, be warned. There are also a lot of poor deals there as well. I am always suspect of an auction where the seller has all the parts for the laser, but fails to show it in operation ;)

Peace,
dave

There are many good deals on fleabay if you are patient. I buy many of my components there.

However, be warned. There are also a lot of poor deals there as well. I am always suspect of an auction where the seller has all the parts for the laser, but fails to show it in operation ;)

Peace,
dave
^^^

thanks for the correction on theR.I. and the cost/value of ML vs SL.. I guess I was right in the first place.

I always ask for a photo of the plugs for the PSs- once i didnt and got two 220s that needed to be converted.

BTW FYI i put in a 100$ offer on the 299$ one as my brother lives in Chicago and MAYBE he can pick it up and store for me.
I actually hope they decline-- I need to sell Ars NOT buy them atm.

thanks Dave for all the great info as usual..( ps yr modules go out today)

hak

daguin

BTW FYI i put in a 100$ offer on the 299$ one as my brother lives in Chicago and MAYBE he can pick it up and store for me.
<delete meaningless text here> One can never have too many argon lasers.

thanks Dave for all the great info as usual..( ps yr modules go out today)

hak

There -- I fixed it for you :whistle:

Peace,
dave

^^^ that would be true if it were not so far from Tx to Chicago and my brother may not be to crazy about picking it up and storing til I can get up that weigh... by the whey,, I wonder how much that sequencer ways????
anybody up near there willing to do the 'harvesting' for me??..

ha

ha

ha

hak

" The 373 is ~210 pounds "

but the parts I want will be much less.closer to 35/40#s maybe. two boxes lots of bubble wrap--no challange.

Dave can you tell me if the 373 has round head Ar or a box style??
thnx hak.