Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MS Envy 9mm Tests

Since the Ravens game got delayed I decided to do some testing! This is just a quick post of data on the MS Envy w/ DTR 9mm 445nm 2.3A X-Drive.
I am extremely happy with this host and I think she is a keeper ;)

Here is the output with a standard G2 lens over a 2 minute period

Here is the output with the long focal length G2 lens over a 3 minute period

I decided to monitor the temperature of the host while doing the 3 minute test. Used a simple cheap thermocouple, here is a picture of the setup.

I exported the LPM data and made these graphs in excel. The first is just excel's version of the LPM graph, the second is the temperature.

Last edited:

sinner

Nice, Although this host is small it doesnot performs like one. So not a terrible increase in temperature even after 180s , As to be expected of this host design , this makes me very happy :D

I have a 300s (5min) graphed somewhere I'll have to find it in another computer.

Not important... But in your OP you said you used a 44nm diode haha. Forgot the "5" :p

sinner

Found it :D

cjKLFuw.png

C6 has 1/10th of the Aluminium mass (18-20g) and the MS-Envy directly connects the diode module to the entire host's 200g mass, right till the tailcap. I simply love this design idea it's the best I ever had.

Last edited:

Tmack

Looks like the reading from my Zaser. Very little power loss at five minutes. Damn near looks like a level line!!. Although I'm not getting quite that power. But for a host that size, the readings are amazing. The Zaser is many times the size of a kryton, and it still handles the heat tremendously well. Very well designed .