Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mrcrouse vs USPS: Mrcrouse wins!

ScottW

I recently ordered a polished black Zaser host from Mike (mrcrouse). Mike was really helpful answering all my questions about various colors/finishes, and accommodating a last-minute change from matte to gloss. The Zaser was was custom manufactured and on its way to me via USPS in only 5 days!

Now I normally have pretty good luck with USPS, and overall I have to say they do a pretty decent job. But there are exceptions, and this is one of them. I feared the worst when I saw the package. Clearly USPS went to extraordinary lengths to destroy my Zaser, as evidenced by this photo of the package as it came from my mailbox:
44895d1396200110-mrcrouse-vs-usps-mrcrouse-wins-img_2314-custom-.jpg

The entire end of the envelope was torn open, and they added a couple extra holes just to make sure I knew they had tried their absolute best to ruin the contents.

But despite their supreme destructive efforts, USPS failed. They obviously didn't anticipate the Crouse family packaging team, which wrapped that Zaser with not just one, but TWO layers of bubble wrap, PLUS another layer of protective foam, PLUS a final protective layer of tissue paper. It could have survived a small explosion, which is perhaps the only thing USPS didn't try.

The Zaser emerged unscathed! Mike and his dad are truly artisans -- the machining and threading are perfect, and the anodizing is the best I have ever seen. This is going to make a stunning laser. (More pics will be coming when I complete the build!)
44896d1396201517-mrcrouse-vs-usps-mrcrouse-wins-img_0676-custom-.jpg

So take that USPS! :na: MRCROUSE:1, USPS:0.

Thanks to Mike & his Dad for a great product, great service, and USPS-Proof padding! :gj:

Attachments

• IMG_2314 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2314 (Custom).JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0676 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0676 (Custom).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Wow, i would have a barrage of choice words to say to USPS if that happened to a package of mine. Pretty amazing the host was ok! Looking forward to your build :D

IsaacT

Great story, well written. Glad to see people satisfied with his hosts. One day I will acquire one.

On another note, it is sometimes a good idea to mount the package to some cardboard and tape it to the interior of the packing envelope so that stuff doesn't fall out if there is a huge rip.