Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MPJA (for lasers, lenses, boxes, tools, etc...)

I think I saw a few posts on here about Marlin P. Jones & Associates, Inc (MPJA), so I'm guessing at least some of you know about them. I just found out about them through my IT guy at work.

They sell a few lasers, lenses, PSU's, soldering tools, and project boxes that may be of some interest here.

Here's a short list of the "potential" goodies they sell....

Laser-Related Items:
Laser Pointer (<5mW red) $12.95
8 LED & Laser Pointer (<5mW) $3.95 - possible cheap host?
9 LED mini flashlight $1.95 - possible cheap host?

Optics and Boxes:
Front Surface Mirror (4.5" x 1.125") $1.50 (can be cut smaller?)
Front Surface Mirror (5" x 6.75") $4.95
Mirrored Lens Fuji Optical $7.95
Project Boxes and Cases (various types and sizes)

They also have:
soldering irons
soldering stations
solder suckers and braid
solder
SMD stations
screwdrivers
small vise
helping hands
heat shrink tubing
Digital multimeters
fans
heat sinks
PSUs
etc.

Check them out. They're based in Florida.

MPJA - Power Supply, Power Supplies, Security Cameras, LCD, Fans, Etc.

Last edited:

Yeah, they have nice PSU's. I had noticed their soldering station for $15, maybe someone should test it out :whistle:

3zuli

I own similar (probably the same, but black) 9 led flashlight, but it can't be disassembled, it's one piece of metal and leds + lens are glued inside by VERY solid glue :scowl:

Can't be disassembled??? How do you change the batteries? I would hope these flashlights/lasers allow access to change the batteries.

3zuli

sure, you screw that endcap out and there's 3xAAA batt holder. but I said that the LEDs can't be removed, because they're glued

Oh, OK, my fault. You said "but it can't be disassembled" so I thought you meant the entire flashlight.

Damn you daveindelaware... I just spent an hour over there looking at all
the neat stuff...:san:

Jerry

Only an hour? Bwwahahahaaa!!!! Good, I'm glad.

I have no idea how many hours I've spent looking at all of the lasers and related stuff on countless websites because of all you guys! So, we're even. ;)

The question is: did you BUY anything?

Their solder is more expensive then from sparkfun.. i don't know about the soldering station..i'm tempted to buy it though!!!

This is the same site, but it's more focused on the soldering stuff http://www.soldertoolsdepot.com/listitems.asp?dept=481 see on the top how it says mpja

Here's a review vs. it http://www.uchobby.com/index.php/2007/12/09/15-soldering-station-review/

This looks pretty much the same, but it's a weller which means it's top notch soldering stuff http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WLC100-Soldering-Hobbyist-Yourselfer/dp/B000AS28UC i would recommend buying this then that.. quality over...(i forgot how that saying goes)...

Last edited: