Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most Efficient Nanometer Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have just brought a 450mw - 532nm laser, Its pretty good but I also want one with a good amount of power behind it as this one cannot be focused (Unless I buy a lens).
I have been looking and I have found the 3.2W laser on O-like which is 808nm and was wondering if 808nm the cheapest wavelength to construct a laser with, DIY or not?

Be carefull with 808nm Lasers...
They can not easily be seen... They are Near InfraRed...
and almost invissible.

At 3.2Watts a very good pair of Laser Safety goggles
are a MUST... or your next purchase may just be a white
cane...

Jerry

Hello,
I have just brought a 450mw - 532nm laser, Its pretty good but I also want one with a good amount of power behind it as this one cannot be focused (Unless I buy a lens).
I have been looking and I have found the 3.2W laser on O-like which is 808nm and was wondering if 808nm the cheapest wavelength to construct a laser with, DIY or not?

Seems that 450mW of 532nm is a pretty good laser you have there. The 808nm will have the power but not be very easy to see, and as Laserbee said pretty dangerous!
Many of us here are making up to 2W 445nm, 1W+ IR's, 800mW 405nm lasers all the time, perhaps some more reading is needed on your part.

Also you could explore more in the gas laser section for Yag pulsed lasers, and CO2 lasers.:beer:

Thanks Guys, but it still does not answer my question, Which is the cheapest Wavelength (so to speak)?

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, but it still does not answer my question, Which is the cheapest Wavelength?

Through purchase of a laser diode......650nm red diodes....the LPC-815 can be had for as low as $7.50 and output up to 250mW. After that I would say that the 445nm Diode that are being sold are your best bet, set correctly putting up to 2W. You can get a straight 808nm diode, 9mm package for a fair price as well.

By the way...."cheap" is a very relative term.
Cheap as in DIY?
Cheap as in manufactured?
Cheap as in power for price?
Does visibility matter to you?
If you are looking for specific information you must be specific in your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.