Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Moronic companies selling 301s

Sta

So I've been recently looking around for good-quality pointers, and along the way I found some truly outrageous companies. Here are two of the worst offenders.

First: This idiot Aliexpress seller is trying to market a 301 green laser as '50000mW.' That's not out of the ordinary for Aliexpress, but look at what they put as the item's first image...
0XzDgtI.png

Yep, that's right, an image of a laser being pointed at soccer players.
seriously, aliexpress?
link: Hot! green laser pointers 50000mw 532nm high power lazer burning lasers 301 presenter Burn Matches & Light Cigarettes+safe key-in Laser Pens from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

And then I found this company.
Link: https://nighthawkvision.com/laserinfopage
The level of scum here is absolute insanity. Makes me want to pull my hair out.
First off, they're selling a $3 301 laser for $56 and claiming it's a "MILITARY TACTICAL" laser normally sold for $116. Why?!?!?!
Then:
26bnUyL.png

Why do you feel the need to black out a section of what is supposedly your own product?

Jy4oLu9.png

MAX MW! MAX LEGAL MW! MILITARY TACTICAL LASER!
What does this mean? Nothing! Well, actually it does mean something... that you have no idea what your own product does!

DtFd1Mo.png

Typo city. In 65 words they are competent enough to manage only 6 typos!
"cuasing alarm"
"weather andterrain"
"Vible bright beam"
"3 milesallows"
"for any outdoor terriand"
"long time outdoor servival"

Finally, the most egregious violation...
3CaEqaO.png

What the hell is this? Is this Facebook or Twitter?
I don't know, because it's FAKE! They created some diabolical mix of the two interfaces. And not only that, they wrote reviews under someone else's name. I checked both of these Twitter accounts and neither one of them had any comments about "Night Hawk Laser."

That second image appears to be an observatory whose hue is shifted from yellow to green. I think it is actually a laser guide star, not a green laser!

What they are doing is blatantly illegal. Whether they are worse than Eitan, though, is still unknown.

:)

Last edited:

diachi

If any of those companies are based out of the US or another country with regulations governing the sale of laser pointers you can report them to the regulator for that country.

In the case of the US it'd be the FDA or CDRH I believe. As much as they claim "FDA approved" the 301/303s most certainly aren't.

I've seen some of these before though, really bad! That said, I think I'm in the wrong business...

Last edited:

Razako

Hmmm.. I see one company showing their product being used to blind soccer players, and the second company overcharging by 8-10X and putting up pictures of an observatory laser instead of their product. One is guilty of reckless advertising which promotes illegal and dangerous behavior. The other is guilty of extreme bullshit in their adds. Both are total sleazebag companies IMO.

Still not as bad as sci-fi though. I bet they at least send you something lol ;)

Last edited: