Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

more plane attacks killing our hobby 7-16-15

Really sad and it will just happen every now and then :( , and since u can buy a green laser for like 10 bucks today and it usually is crazy overspec 50mW or more is usually what they peak for.. anyone that points a laser at aircraft is a real idiot and should first point that laser in his own eyes to see how it feels...

Last edited:

APEX1

It was probably that kid asking if his laser would blind an aircraft.. I shouldn't even joke like that. This really sucks. I don't understand why people and by people I mean idiots feel the need to lase an aircraft. What do you gain from it, is it a sense of rebelling or just being a tool and thinking it will bring the aircraft down? The chances of you hitting the cockpit depending on how high it is and the angle your pointing, is slim at best.. so why do it???

Why would you even write this!??

Last edited by a moderator:

APEX1

Why would you even write this!??

When members put that kind of thing in a comment they should be banned! Its not a joke nor is it funny in any way! It should be treated just as a threat!

^^ DITTO- best you edit that ....lest you want some neg feedback

that was a record day of on aircraft->15 incidents-above the daily average..

I had been toying with an idea for a bumper sticker day - "Its Federal Prison time ...not a prank"

or something like that- NOW according to NBC the fine max. is up to $250,000.00 and TEN years federal time ( which means NO early out!!! no matter how good your behavior is..)

seeing that on a bumper may actually do some good.

The new story did not mention the $5K reward.

And forget any type of explaination or comment on exagerated effects.

Like the fact that getting really blinded for life is VERY slim .. saying that makes us look even more stoooopid!

They did mention that most offenders are teens or early 20s- & I stand by my claim that this ( including white race) is the most common new member (profile)here-- so to *really* do more than 'preaching to the choir' we need to do our best to inform all NEW members the latest info and advice from us.

And I would hope they would pass this on to friends instead of passing them their laser and thinking that anything they did or may do, was not on YOU (too).

While pressing hard for use of proper eyewear is a good thing- it IMHO is not really AS important as the lasing of aircraft (et al other things cars, people etc)

AND selling any laser w/o knowing something about the new owner is foolish and not going to stop all/any of this.

hak

Last edited:
ARG already edited it!
Thanks ARG!
yea we don't need that on the forum at all.

APEX1

no

DITTO (to me) means I agree with the above

what I wrote after that was directed at you know who.

to Sir ARG-- good job!!

TY:beer::beer::beer:

hk

I know what it means lol and I figured you were referring to the .........!

I am very, very picky with who I let handle my lasers. I have been called a laser nazi or an @sshole more than once because I would not let a person that I did not trust handle a laser over 10mW. If I have my red 3mW handy I give that to them. That for some reason seems to piss them off :D
If I EVER saw someone point a laser at an aircraft, someones face or any other act of stupidity I swear to God I would so Chuck Norris them right in the throat :yabbmad:

If I EVER saw someone point a laser at an aircraft, someones face or any other act of stupidity I swear to God I would so Chuck Norris them right in the throat :yabbmad:

lol Ya they'd deserve it too :eg: I'm not sure if there is one already but maybe in the newcomer sticky or have it's own sticky you should post some stories about attacks on planes with lasers and some warnings about the legal punishments. I really like the idea of a bumper sticker someone should make one if it's not already made.

Last edited:

APEX1

I would so Chuck Norris them right in the throat :yabbmad:

:crackup::crackup: I almost peed my self.. not to go off topic but that reminds me of a guy I met over seas.. I'm laughing so hard I can barley type this.. but he use to scream chuck Norris every time he would through a grenade in training and supposedly he would do it when he was engaging the enemy lmao.. It may not sound funny but it was. Also he new every chuck Norris joke ever told I would bet he was the one that came up with most of them.

vk2fro

I reckon that every laser pointer no matter what color, or power should come with an A4 paper showing basically (picture of person lasing an aircraft) and then below picture of that same person behind bars, then in big red letters saying "do not shine your laser at any person, vehicle or aircraft. Its dangerous and you could end up in prison". I'm pretty sure theres an FBI one getting around in similar form - from memory it shows someone lasering a jetliner and then below that them in handcuffs.

Sick of hearing these stories of morons shining lasers irresponsibly and endangering other people with them. Lasers aren't toys.

:crackup::crackup: I almost peed my self.. not to go off topic but that reminds me of a guy I met over seas.. I'm laughing so hard I can barley type this.. but he use to scream chuck Norris every time he would through a grenade in training and supposedly he would do it when he was engaging the enemy lmao.. It may not sound funny but it was. Also he new every chuck Norris joke ever told I would bet he was the one that came up with most of them.

I have seen video many times of the enemy shouting Allahu Akbar before they fire a weapon, it would be great to see one of our guys shout Chuck Norris. I wonder if any Belgian or French troops shout Jean Claude Van Damme.:crackup:

I can't resist telling a couple of Chuck Norris jokes:

Chuck Norris doesn't wear a condom, there's no protection from Chuck Norris.:crackup:

Chuck Norris sleeps with the light on, not because he's afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.:crackup:

I reckon that every laser pointer no matter what color, or power should come with an A4 paper showing basically (picture of person lasing an aircraft) and then below picture of that same person behind bars, then in big red letters saying "do not shine your laser at any person, vehicle or aircraft. Its dangerous and you could end up in prison". I'm pretty sure theres an FBI one getting around in similar form - from memory it shows someone lasering a jetliner and then below that them in handcuffs.

That's a really good idea, maybe it should even be on a sticker on the laser.

Alan