Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MORE Aixiz issues :-(

S

SenKat

HERE is the latest debacle from Aixiz, and it has me (and some of YOU, by proxy) pretty well pissed off BAD.

I ordered more empty modules on the 7th of October, with the intentions of giving away a few extras to those folks that had to wait extra time to receive theirs - and of course, it was to be shipped via USPS PRiority shipping. On Monday, the 15th of OCtober, I still had not received them, so I sent an email to Chuck at Aixiz, and received this reply,

(at around 10:41am)

"Greg,

I think we just plain messed up. Xia is checking it now. Either way, it will get out today. I will also refund your shipping charges.

Sorry for the problem and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Chuck "

So, I was thinking to myself, Okay....they'll make it right, I should have it Wednesday by the latest ! :) Well, Teusday at 3:34pm, I received an email - one of those automated boogers that says, "We've shipped your crap via USPS Priority, blah blah blah..." So much for getting my modules in the mail "Today" {As in Monday} Damnit. More delays - oh well, at LEAST they are inbound, YAY !!! Start the clock again...Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock....well, they are 3 hours away from where I live if you drive SLOW - and every time Pseudo and I have exchanged packages, we have gotten them pretty much next day service {Most of the time} Tick, Tock...Wednesday...nada....Thursday, I check the mail box, and there are two small packages from Aixiz in there....uhm, nowhere NEAR the 100 modules I ordered, but I thought, hey - maybe they sent me a partial shipment ! YAY ! I tore into them, and one was a package that Marianne ordered to be shipped to me, 1 635nm modules :) SWEET ! The other package had a single 150mw 808nm module in the package. Hmmmmmm.....They acknowledge the fact that they screwed up, and are giving me free shit now ? NOPE The delivery confirmation number listed on the package coresponded with the email I received Tuesday. DAMNIT !!

Okay, to summarize, I HOPE to be be able to talk to Chuck tomorrow, as he emailed me back after I notified him of the HUGE screw up, not to mention the fact that they charged Marianne for USPS Priority shipping, and sent it FIRST CLASS. That is theft - they charged her for priority and sent it CHEAPER. I am really getting discouraged with these folks, and felt the need to warn EVERYONE about the level of service you can expect from them in regards to buying stuff.

Their first major screw up was promising it would go out on Monday, and then waiting two more days before it even left their facility - and THEN it was the wrong item. So.................stay tuned, I may be able to make someone a pretty decent deal on a 808nm 150mw module ! LOL

They took a week to ship a single 635nm module I ordered and I still have not received it in NC.

Rhith

I think this is crazy. We talked about this in IRC but I find it crazy how they can even try and get away with this. They're lucky there aren't very many module distributors around or they would probably start getting in trouble.

S

SenKat

Yeah - I am going to start searching around and find THEIR distributor, and do my best to run them out of business :) At least in the blank module arena....I am THAT agravated. Even if I can only offer the same item at the same preice point, I think folks would buy from me rather than them at this point. Geesh. I am SUPPOSED to be getting a phone call from Chuck today - we'll see if he comesthrough with that or not.

yes8s

For my first order from from this Charles E. Miracle guy I ordered (via eBay) 2 x 12x30mm modules and 2 of the smaller brass modules (i think they were 8x16mm or something).

Well basically I got 4 of the big ones after ~10days. I was pissed cause he kinda screwed the order up and I emailed him three times before he replied asking me to give him my address and 6 days after that I received 3 of the small modules without having to pay any extra. So i ended up with 7 for the price of 4.

In the email I sent to him I said I wanted to evaluate all packages for possible bigger orders later ;). I think this may have got him to act quickly.

Anyway my thought on Aixiz ( and while we're on the topic DX as well ) is that they are being swamped with orders that their infrastructure (in terms of logistics, # of employees and resources) cannot keep up with. They have relatively good products and an exponentially growing market but they don't understand that in the long term - customer service and referrals from happy customers will prevail after pricing and other factors are matched by competitors.

Well that is my thought and experiance with these companies. Sorry for the rant. :)

Senkat, have you had a chance to check out the 635nm modules Marianne sent you? I got mine today and it is labeled 6mW on the package even though they advertised 10mW. If you got the same parts I think that is false advertising since the package says plainly 6mW yet they advertise it as 10mW.

S

SenKat

The sticker they used only goes up to 6mw - so I dunno if they just boogered it up, and placed that one on there, or if they are just being asses and selling underrated stuffs....The two I got from Marianne are the same. I have not had the chance to power them up yet - but will post the results when I do :)

This sucks. They used to be great and now they seem to not care anymore :(

Also, the part number says HLM1230-635-6.0-3.2 so it would seem they are selling underated stuff. Not that I expected the full 10mW, but I would not have purchased this if I knew it was closer to 5mW than 10mW.

I see on their ebay listing that this diode/module is described thusly:

"635nm module, 10mW input chip 3.2VDC configuration. Please note that actual output power will depend on your OEM application between 5.5 and 8mW."

FokoF

I ordered a module 2 weeks ago and nothing yet, tracking code says the dam thing has been accepted in Texas, but no movement from there. weird :-/

S

SenKat

Aixiz on the mend !!!

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1192830285]This Thread[/link]