Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

modwerx labby HS second run-what do you want?

im going for a second run on my lab style heatsinks and would like to know what the laser enthusiasts of the world are looking for or would want in a labby HS. anodizing, specific size? if theres anything youve ever wanted to see on a diy labby heatsink let me know..

I am building a scanner and have 2 of your lab style heatsinks. I would find a very commonly used set of galvos and make it so the beam will line up without any support plates.

Also I would make the mounting holes full circles.

They are great heatsinks!

the machinist i talked to yesterday said one idea would be to make the heatsinks into solid bocks(with fins of course :) ). the mounting holes would then start on the top of the HS and be recessed to the proper height... heres what i mean(the pic). and yes i suck at paint too. :)

EDIT: if anyone has any specs for the scanpro series of galvos(specifically height) send me a pm or post please. ive got scanlsp 20k kit so if any one has any of the other scanlsp series that would be great as well.

Attachments

• HS idea.jpg
    HS idea.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
So are you talking about drilling and counter-boring in the "meat" of the heatsink and eliminating the legs where the slots are currently? This would save a little bit of material and time in the manufacturing process, while also making the unit more compact.