Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mitsubishi 500mW 635nm Diode

Milos

Hey dude, haven't heard from you for a while. Welcome back :D No there haven't been any tests made for this diode yet. But before XMas we might as well have power graphs etc.

Price seems correct. I was wondering the same thing. They should have been indeed the 500 mW diodes. We'll see :)

Last edited:
Now, if only we could make the "beam" low divergent! Yes! To die for! -Glenn

DTR

Whats up Milo.;)

From what I understand they listed them and took some orders for the ML501P73 but then refunded them and they have been out of stock since. That was a month or two ago. So as far as I know no one here has even seen this diode yet.

No problem order away. The ML501P71's will go out first thing Saturday.:beer:

Milos

payment sent. Don't worry if you can't ship tomorrow in case its too late. I'll be happy to get it anytime by next weekend.

and thanks for the info on ML501P71. Any word on when will see them?

cheers

DTR

payment sent. Don't worry if you can't ship tomorrow in case its too late. I'll be happy to get it anytime by next weekend.

and thanks for the info on ML501P71. Any word on when will see them?

cheers

They will be in the mail in the morning.:beer:

On the 73's I don't know.

Milos

yeh, well shrinking the beam sideways should work nicely as it isnt that terrible at all as some c-mount diodes.

It works just fine for anamorphic image in video. All it is is a plano concave cylindrical lens.

has anyone tried. Any links?

I think this can be improved by A LOT in the case of this diode, as well as 445nm diodes.

cheers

rhd

yeh, well shrinking the beam sideways should work nicely as it isnt that terrible at all as some c-mount diodes.

It works just fine for anamorphic image in video. All it is is a plano concave cylindrical lens.

has anyone tried. Any links?

I think this can be improved by A LOT in the case of this diode, as well as 445nm diodes.

cheers

They're 8-thousand times further along on that front over at PL. If you've got a spare afternoon, there's a thread about this - it has "holy grail" in the title.

Milos

They're 8-thousand times further along on that front over at PL. If you've got a spare afternoon, there's a thread about this - it has "holy grail" in the title.

Although 8 thousand times further along in time resulted in ultimately what is the only logical simple solution for our hobby level. A plano concave cylindrical lens which will squeeze the line sideways, as i mentioned above. All the dreams of getting a tem00 with complex setups are fun, but not even worth starting in my opinion.

thanks for the thread guys. Just went through it. I admit i hope someone simplifies my hobby life and makes an assembly for sale so i don't have to spend time on that.

i read about drlava's correction lenses. are they sold anywhere. or is there a better set?

thanks again