Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Misc Laser Sale

Lase

Just found this on eeekBay

Link

It's a lot of heatsinks (gold plated), 2 x He-Ne lasers and housings. The seller doesn't know what he has.

Might be a good deal for parts. Might be a great deal if the He-Ne's work.

Lase

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Safari can not display this page, the URL can't be shown.

Doesnt work on PC either, maybe you gave us your logged on link?

EDIT: If you remove the stuff before www.ebay..... it works

Last edited:
I love the seller's description:

"i dont know squat about this so im just gonna start it at what i got into it
i was gonna practice refining gold on this stuff but i live in apartment in the city
so um ya no
no refunds as is"

LOL. :crackup:

Looks like it's worth about $20-$50 Max...
No returns and no mention if the HeNe Lasers work...

Jerry

The HeNe's appear to be powered up in the one pic. Not sure what color it looks like, though.
I was considering messaging the seller about wavelength, but he says "I don't know squat about this".
Really assuring. Lol

He knows what he has. A pile of junk.. Also all that glimmers isn't gold. There are other yellowish metals used for corrosion protection.. Cadmium being one that pops to mind.

Even if it is gold plated. A little goes a LONG way as far as plating goes. You could likely smelt the whole pile and end up with less than $5 worth of gold.. If you were getting tons of this stuff for pennies a pound.. You could likely make money off it.. But you'd be making a lot more for the other elements.. zinc, nickel, aluminum, etc.. than you'd be getting for the gold.. Simply due to the quantities.