Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mirror polished hosts, and new Ehgemus one

As the title states I just finished hand polishing my Survival Lasers S4, and my CNI GLP-473 and they look great they are both very close to mirror. I also want to show off my new Ehgemus host before I do my ~470nm build. Pics
c6cKl1rl.jpg

QR0bDRul.jpg

IFn8mTrl.jpg

m5Bchs1l.jpg

3PwIIfUl.jpg

ojIZk0Jl.jpg

GemQ9vtl.jpg

WymNOGGl.jpg

2eDCwTkl.jpg

75CWTmnl.jpg

they said they wouldn't make green diodes because they had dpss they said they wouldn't make ~470nm diodes(other than that tiny sample of 30mw ones a fey years ago) because they have 445 and 470 isnt that useful..... please let yellow diodes be next i want a 5W 589

I use to do all my hosts like that but the more they are polished the easier they scratch.
Nice job on them. Did you use a buffing wheel?

I use to do all my hosts like that but the more they are polished the easier they scratch.
Nice job on them. Did you use a buffing wheel?

No I just used a cloth with different polishing compounds on it.

Your host is beautiful by the way

Last edited:

Pman

To re-shine a mirror look what polish do you use. Never-dull is too rough it seems. Trying to think of something I can use that I might already have.
Right about that scratching ehg.
Also, Blackwood you list 30mW 515 from the GB. Is that a finished build? If so a lot of us are looking for any information we can on it so if you have anything to contribute it would be helpful if you put the information in the GB;)

Last edited: