Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mini review: KD New Wish 100mW Green Laser(cr2)

Razako

Yesterday I finally received my 100mw newwish laser from KD after more than 2 months of waiting.
http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=4408
I'll start with the pros.
1-Wasn't DOA.
2-Works with rechargeable cr2's.
3-Small and compact.
4-Constant on/off clicky. I hate momentary switches.
5-Nice Tem00 beam and ok divergence.

Now the cons.
1-The actual output of this "100"mw laser is nowhere near 100mw. I have had trouble getting a reliable measurement of the actual output because of IR interfering with my meters, but I have determined that this laser is putting out ~40-60mw of green.
2-After the meter test I did a visual test. I put a freshly charged cr2 in my KD edwina 50mw and the new 100mw newwish and then I pointed both of them out of my window into the night sky. The results weren't pretty. The 50mw edwina clearly outshined the 100mw newwish. When looking at the beams side by side there was no denying which laser was more powerful.
3-No IR filter.
4-No burning. This 100mw laser isn't powerful enough to burn anything. I left it hitting a black piece of plastic for 2 minutes and it left a tiny indentation.

Overall Rating:
5/10
A decent working laser with ok beam specs, but the output is FAR below the specified amount. After waiting this long I expected better.
633440702554062500.jpg

633440703013906250.jpg

Benm

Re: Mini review: KD New Wish 100mW Green Laser(cr2

40 to 60 mW output power isnt very good indeed, especially when the much cheaper 'edwina' pointer puts out more light at half te price. This probably also means that all the other 'new wish' lasers in this formfactor are overrated, unless yours was a lemon (unlikely, since it actually works well but with lower power).

Btw, did you see this one: http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=5160

Its named KD V1, but looks like the edwina but rated 100 mW. I wonder if that one is as good as the edwina and DX30-CR2 lasers but at double power...