Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mini-review 50mW Green module from Fasttech

if anyone has any of these modules in a host and want to sell one please let me know.

missed out on buying one of them and now my friend tells me he wants a green laser......great timing buddy!

Last edited:

Laik

I think Pman may have 1 or 2 lying around ;) Also, how visible is the beam of the violet module?

Last edited:

IsaacT

@Laik: violet is always barely visible at all unless you have high powers of it.

IR test came back good! sorry my finger slipped off the button there for a quick second.

IR532nmlasertest_zps3f3c6ff4.png

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Glad to see you got a good one, and low IR also!

Thanks for testing it out! :beer:

Pman

That's what I was hoping to see Awillis:) IR is on par with the Fasttech stuff I've tested.
Is there any coupon code for that module anyone knows about? Used to getting modules for so cheap that $25 sounds like a lot:)
Sorry, I actually don't have any modules at all at the moment other than a couple things I've removed from pens for a project I am messing with. Was out of the 50mw ones probably a few weeks ago at least.

Have a bunch of things coming from Fasttech to mess with but don't expect any of it until at least next Saturday.
Bought one of each of the 2 black (2) AAA pens (there's one that costs a few bucks more) to test plus a couple of the (2) AAA silver looking pens that I will report on. I'm not just looking to buy a pen but to see if the modules are worth potentially harvesting for other builds. Have 7 hosts/flashlights coming from them that cost me <$20 total to check out.
Will say that the lowest single AAA pen I've received was 25mw (highest was 101) but even 25mw with 5% IR is very strong compared to a regular cheap 532nm pen. Took that 25mw one and stuck it in a harvested pen and it's a very nice hefty pen now and I keep messing with it as I can't believe how nice it is. The balance point of a cheap pen is towards the back because of the battery weight but throwing one of those modules in makes the weight centered and it feels hefty in the hand.

Here's a couple units. You can see the 25mw one and a 5V module (runs the same with 3V) that I threw in an Energizer flashlight and stuck a NEBO flashlight end on top (runs off a single 10440).
The color is much deeper on the green accents than the pic shows and I added a gloss coat to the other one.
p1010095ur.jpg

p1010111xr.jpg

p1010113xl.jpg

Last edited:

Pman

The flashlights that I have coming that may or may not get a module fitted are....
SKU 1148801 (couple of these)
SKU 1070300
SKU 1369602
SKU 1359507
SKU 1343700
The point is trying to go cheap. Don't have any of them yet so there's nothing to comment on.
There's also one from a different order that was more expensive
SKU 1311101
Only have a few hosts right now to mess with.
As I've said before, some of these take quite a bit of work to come out nice.

I love that NEBO host with that head. Looks very tactical ;) Look forward to seeing your your other builds. As always really nice work Sir thank you for sharing :beer:

~ LB

Pman

The Nebo was a one off unit:) Just using peices/parts I have around from lights I don't care about. Had to order some stuff to try out though as I'm about out of parts or flashlights that I don't care about.

I did order one of those Wallbuys modules to try but it will take weeks to get here with the free shipping and there's also a 3 day chinese holiday starting tomorrow so they won't even get to the order for a few days.

Looking forward to your results Wannaburn:) Was able to REP you again. Got you also Awillis

I'm trying to keep both eyes open for other finds.

Should have asked, but just curious if you messed with the pot Awillis? I'm not asking you to do it as it can be easy to mess it up. Just asking if you did.

Last edited:

IsaacT

:thanks: for the rep m8! I will for sure post results and a well structured review once I get it :) With any luck this could be a great source for ~200mW 532nm Modules.

Laik

I broke a 200mW module within a few hours from when i got it. It was 90 dollars :(

IsaacT

By the way, I have a 532 module from fasttech that I killed....anybody think I could remove the old 808 module and press in a new one? Thoughts?

Laik

I would just keep the driver and throw the rest of the module out :p