Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Mini red: AAA size, 230mW out

danq

SOLD - Mini red: AAA size, 230mW out - SOLD

SOLD!
(off-line, to a neighbor, for $125)

----------------------------------------------

LD: open-can red from Sony/NEC 20X burner
Driver: DrLava's v3
Host: TANK007 TK-703 from DealExtreme (DX#26988)
Battery: one AAA size Lithium rechargeable (2 included with sale)
Lense: Aixiz glass

Power out: 230-245 mW with the Aixiz glass lense; >300mW before lense
Current to LD: 400mA

This is a lot of power in a small host - heat dissipation is limited, so it needs to cool off a bit between 1-minute on cycles.

For sale to best offer, includes 2 batteries.

You must be 21 or older to buy this!
Shipping will require an adult signature at delivery.
Actually, you can't buy this even if you are 117 years old - it's sold!

beam shape, laser is 10 ft from target and camera is 2ft from target:

Power measurement, on LPF-project meter:

Last edited:

Elektrotechniker

Well what's the price? And why do you say it had more power without aixiz glass? I thought aixiz glass gives a boost to the power of a red diode.. Or not?

romeo02045

Hear hear means Ditto / hes asking the same thing as you did :D. The OP did say give offers, but a price range would be nice.

danq

I know posting a price would help - but have been ill so haven't kept up with LPF for a few months, so you folks know what it's worth better than me. If nobody makes an offer, I'll try to figure out a price based on other sales here. As it is, it's just like an auction with no minimum.

Regarding the power out: the ">300mW" is with *no* lens installed, so the full optical output reaches the power sensor. Any lens decreases the power by at least a little; obviously the glass Aixiz takes a lot of it! There are more efficient lenses around, but I don't have one. If someone wanted to buy this but wants a better lens, I'll get one and install it - but that increases the price (only by the cost of the lens, I won't charge for changing it).

DanQ

Last edited:

robjdixon

I think $110ish is a good price, though it is a tiny and pretty unique build, so maybe it is worth more

Flaminpyro

Nice build Dan you should have no problem selling this little jewel for $120 or more I realy like the power in the small package I have one of these planed whenever the host gets here, it's slightly different but AAA cell powered. Kudos guy !

Prototype

Nice build

@Flaminpyro, how much would a heatsink for the TK-703 cost? (prices for aluminum and copper, if you don't mind)

danq

sold it! to a neighbor, for $125

more to come, slowly, but they will be good