Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mini PGL and solarstorm CopperHS

It is hot in Fl so I have not been doing any builds... yea right:crackup: HaHa:na: I have been building, just more flashlights and not so much lasers, but I have put some time into these little honey's.
IMAG0346_zpse20e7d11.jpg

IMAG0356_zpsf26c1fb0.jpg

First is the little SolarStormSC031 from Fasttech. I really hated ripping this little guy apart as it was a sweet little light. I had to pull all the components off the stock driverboard and even swap out the momentary switch for one with a little more heft.

IMAG0349_zpsa96ff5aa.jpg

IMAG0348_zps58cbe566.jpg

I used the Oclaro 638nm 120mW diode pushing it at 350mA using a Aixiz acrylic lens and polished focus ring that I had already laying around. I put as much copper as it would take in there and this little guy is solid for sure.:wave: I love this tight beam:wave:
IMAG0353_zps6823c1f9.jpg

Next up is the famous jayrob keychain mini, I dubbed it mini PGL it looks kinda like both IMHO:shhh:
IMAG0360_zpsd1123e1c.jpg
IMAG0362_zpsa4dd6174.jpg

I stuffed a 412nm binned diode that pushed over 840mW at 545mA This one is set at 450mA I have yet to test them as my desk is a complete disaster will uptdate soon.
IMAG0354_zps524e5061.jpg

I used a copper module and the heatsink is quite beefy as well. The little 10280 batt. gives about 10 or so 1 minute run times before a good sag, but this little guy is like getting stung by a bee.:eg:
IMAG0350_zps4fbe5c74.jpg

I hope you enjoy these little guys I have some cool things comming down the pike, usual jander stuff TEC's, fans, and hopefully a RGB to show after winter.

As always get out there and build one and thank you:thanks: for looking.-jander6442

Last edited:

Two sweet little lasers :) Is the heatsink held onto that keychain laser by a set screw only? Seems like that would fall off easily.

Two sweet little lasers :) Is the heatsink held onto that keychain laser by a set screw only? Seems like that would fall off easily.

Hey thanks for looking guy's yes it is held in there by only one set screw however it has quite a bit of thread and the the snugness of it plus the screw sets right behind the threads in the "neck" area. So small so powerfull:gun:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice looking duo you've got there, jander!
These are some more of the high quality, unique builds that we've come to expect from you!

Their size is deceiving, they don't look that small until your hand is in the picture.
I really like that SolarStorm with it's blue side clicky.

:gj: +rep

Very nice looking duo you've got there, jander!
These are some more of the high quality, unique builds that we've come to expect from you!

Their size is deceiving, they don't look that small until your hand is in the picture.
I really like that SolarStorm with it's blue side clicky.

:gj: +rep

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your kind words I really need to get them LPM'ed, just been to lazy I guess, that and building some sweet flashlights.:p