Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini 445 diodes coming only 60mW!

Opnext blue laser diode for embedded device picoprojector applications - Laser Focus World

I thought this was an interesting diode for people who are more interested in the color than in burning lasers. This one is 60mW, according to its maker, Opnext:

The 60mW, 445nm blue laser diode is the first in a family of blue laser diodes being planned for development, Opnext’s HL45023TG blue laser diode is designed for accessory or mobile pico projector

But when I went to their website,
Opnext Laser Diodes: Violet, Blue, Red, and Infrared

it said the diode could go to a max of 80mW.

These diodes are apparently going to be coming to cellphone sized devices, so purchasing them might be cheap in the long run. I'm rather new to the laser thing so if there's a bunch of 445 diodes already in this power range, I stand corrected.

joeyss

The great things is these are single mode so we'll see much better divergence from it.

Ash

This could be good if the diodes are single mode, they would produce a much cleaner beam and dot than the current ones we are using.
Right now, the 445's we are using lase from ~20mW to 2000mW, but they are multi mode so the beam profile is bar-shaped.

If its sold in some apparatus, I'd be interested. I prefer color over burning, plus its bright enough to see some beam and a nice bright dot... without the terrible A140/130 bar projections.

midias

Nice I would love to make one of those into a pen host to replace my current ~20mw 445. I would make my A140 into another 1W+.