Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Military  glasses With laser lens 19.99

Re: Military Laser glasses 19.99 (old style?)

These goggles will work great on all lasers that shoot out dirt, sand, and dust.
[/my unhelpful input]

LOL jk I feel mean. These are not laser safety goggles and probably wouldn't work much better than most sunglasses.

These are very obviously NOT laser glasses, so your post title is quite misleading.

"An included green laser protective lens attaches to either Set"

The green laser lens on the brown goggles actually gives good protection for Red/IR/Blue lasers, and moderate protection for lower powered green ones.

Yeah I guess I should have put : Military glasses with laser sheild lens. (so I did)

I added these because I ordered 3 of the new style BLPS and they were supposed to be the blue lensed ones for red lasers but only 1 was. This way you know you get the lens you need.

These have been discussed a gazillion times. Do a search for ballistic goggles, etc. I actually have the set. The green lenses provide decent protection for red lasers. The brown lens will provide the same for BluRay. I do not know the exact specs but it is something like OD +2. Anyway, they are better then nothing :)

Hello All,

The glasses pictured are Gentex Ballistic laser protective glasses. (Minus the hard case.) My experience with them is-

The Green lenses are Mil-Spec Red-IR lenses.

The Brown lenses provide protection from IR and all visible spectrum, but are really dark...

the grey lenses while not certified for laser protection at all, are great for 405nm. (They attenuate everything, you can only see flourescence...)

But don't buy them from this site. $20 is a rip-off. I regularly get them for $10. I'll post a few links when I get the chance. ($10 beats $100 for laser goggles any day... ;-)

cheers,
kernelpanic

p.s.- WackBag- they are way better than OD2 for their rated wavelengths. (More like OD 3 or 4. I'll post the mil-spec if I can find it...)

kernelpanic said:
Hello All,

The glasses pictured are Gentex Ballistic laser protective glasses. (Minus the hard case.) My experience with them is-

The Green lenses are Mil-Spec Red-IR lenses.

The Brown lenses provide protection from IR and all visible spectrum, but are really dark...

the grey lenses while not certified for laser protection at all, are great for 405nm. (They attenuate everything, you can only see flourescence...)

But don't buy them from this site. $20 is a rip-off. I regularly get them for $10. I'll post a few links when I get the chance. ($10 beats $100 for laser goggles any day... ;-)

cheers,
kernelpanic

p.s.- WackBag- they are way better than OD2 for their rated wavelengths. (More like OD 3 or 4. I'll post the mil-spec if I can find it...)
Hmm, I correct myself. I thought they were just for ballistic and dust protection, please post links to your sources. :p

REVENGE said:
Hmm, I correct myself.  I thought they were just for ballistic and dust protection, please post links to your sources. :p

Revenge,

the S-1 and  S-2 lenses are mil-spec covered by MIL-V-43511C. I'll find the exact OD and post it later. But the 'S' lenses are not designed for laser protection. They are the standard sunglass lens. But the dye used to filter UV filters 405nm excellently. This isn't based upon certification. It's based upon my experience and experimentation. Shining blu-ray through these there is no dot. It won't even recharge glow-in-the-dark materials! Looking through them at anything flourescent is loads of fun because you can't see the 405nm at all, only the lower frequencies.

I'll post a video of the attenuation these glasses provide. But for $10, they're the cheapest blu-ray goggles around...

cheers,
kernelpanic
[edit] oops posted the wrong spec. BLPS is defined by mil-spec MIL-PRF-44366B The BLPS glasses generally come with a hard case and hinged endcap. The older SPECS are more like safety glasses and come in a hard clamshell case. Both have 4 lens options-
  - clear- protects against UV...
  - grey- sunglass lens, blocks 85% of visible light. Not certified for lasers but are at least OD 4 for blu-ray!
  - green(SPECS)/blue-green(BLPS)- Are for red-IR (I think they're OD6 for 1064nm and OD4 for the rest but I'm not 100% on that.)
  - brown- block IR and the entire visible spectrum I don't know the OD though...

You should be able to find them for $10 each or pairs for $20 on fleabay.
[/edit]

Re: Military  glasses With laser lens 19.99

Yes the BLPS with hard case are new style. Both are laser protective. I guess this isn't much of a deal though, although they ship really fast.

Re: Military  glasses With laser lens 19.99

jonrobertd said:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=482181&pn=2

I think these are the old style and may not be any good but yall can look and see.
Just trying to be of some use.  ;D
Use coupon "SH587" if your buying from here