Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Might this laser from eBay I bought be bad?

eBay is known to have a bunch of bad lasers, but that doesn't mean for sure yours will be. When you get it try popping a balloon, it should do that pretty easily.

Hi,

Thanks,

I did not know a 50mw could pop a balloon, from what I have read you need like a 70mw+ to do that, it will be good if it can, on YouTube lots of owners of 50mw laser have been giving mixed reviews of what theirs can do, some say it can pop balloons, light matches etc while others say theirs cannot.

Y

yew.sir-name

Timelords 5mw core can pop a balloon with a lense. My 30mw can pop sharpied balloons with no lense. I've seen 20mw on ebay lighting matches with a lense too. I'm sure the person who made the match vid is on here.

Sorry but I'm new to lasers, please can you tell me what a "lense" is? Is it something that is added on to the laser?

Thanks.

T

timelord

A lens on a laser.

Attachments

• DSC00081_001.JPG
    DSC00081_001.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 95
Thanks TimeLord,

My laser cam today but I was not in so I'm going to collect it from the post office in about an hour.

Thanks.

I got it and it's great compared to my old 5mw one but I feel NO burn on my skin, should I?

Its a 50mw.

Thanks, Adam