Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Midwest Laser Enthusiast Meet (MWLEM)?

Should there be a Midwest Laser Enthusiast Meet?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Since I live is St. Louis, I've been toying with the idea of planning a LEM for the midwest, since there has never been one before. It seems like more and more people from the midwest are popping up here, so maybe it will be worth it so we can all get to know each other and show off our stuff..

St. Louis would be my choice for the location, since it is centrally located.

Anyone interested post here..

Of course, anyone would be welcome, not just midwestern folks..

bump.. some interest shown, but I know there has to be more midwesterners about somewhere.

only about a 4 hour drive for me.....i wouldn't really be able to contribute but it'd sure be fun to show up and look at everyone elses stuff!

This idea is getting a fair amount of support from the community, so I will begin trying to plan things out. I'll post back with updates as they happen. Glad to see some support! Anyone else interested, please don't hesitate to post here and/or participate in the poll.

Well its would be about a 5 hour drive for me, but if a lot of people are wanting to go. why not

There are other Canadians here.. anyone from any country is welcome. There is currently a lot of support on another forum so between that and here the plan is to make this a national event. St. Louis' central location makes it ideal for a National LEM, so we're going to try for that. It will probably take some time to arrange, but it should be a great time if it all works out.

Last edited:
I'd be interested, but it's about a ten hour drive for me, so I probably wouldn't be able to make it. The problem with the midwest is that there's so much damn space between places that are even relatively close.

I don't anticipate this will occur until next year (probably spring).. there will be plenty of time for people to plan for it should they want to attend.

Come one people....we all know the Quad Cities is more in the middle of the Mid west.:)
(Davenport IA)

Oh well....I guess I am interested. I don't know how long of a drive that would be though.

Unfortionately....I don't really have to many lasers to show

That's the plan. I'm working on putting together a list of possible venues, after which I'll be going to check them each out.

I'm shooting for spring 2010..