Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Micro Boost DC/DC Driver HELP!

Okay i order'd a PHR-805T & A MicroBoost Driver From Modwerx They Come In Excellent Packaging But The Point Im Getting To is the description of this product says 2.7-6V However When I Finish My Soldering Placing & all that i put My CR123 in My Host & I Get This Tiny Green Light i can barely see!:wtf: So I Unscrew Where I put My Driver & Take Some Wire hold It To The Power Connector Of the Driver To use A 9v Battery Holding The wire To both So It Comes On But The Beam Is Spread Very Far Out It does Get Warm but why with a 9v it works? & i dont own A Proper Lens module im using a 660nm lens still the beam is not strong the diode is descripted to output 100-120mw I think Im Getting Like 8-9MW WITH A 9v On This DriveR:wtf:

Driver::http://www.modwerx.com/shop/images/FSCN1122.JPG
Diode::PHR-805T laser diode 405nm 100-120mW [M0025] - $11.99 : Modwerx Shop
Battery http://www.all-battery.com/ProductImages/cr123a/Energizer-CR123.jpg

EDIT::The tiny Glass In the diode has shattered

Last edited:

The battery that you linked to may not have enough
current to power your driver.
I would suggest a rechargeable type... You will also
need a lens that will focus your Laser's output.

Contact the seller for information...

Jerry

9V batteries should really be avoided for everything except smoke alarms or Laserbee power meters or something--portable, low-power stuff. Those 9V batteries are essentially 6x AAAA batteries, and suffer all the limitations that a tiny battery like that carries.

okay other battery i have is a CR123A Lithium but i said before & thanks for the suggestions but my little glass the tiny glass on in the diode has shattered & there is nothing i can do but im never going to buy a Driver like that Again but i know now that the diodes are very sensitive thanks to me breaking one So next time i order a diode ill know not to let it roll off my desk or have some neodymium magnets under it.

I know But I Am a NEWBIE & Only owned one laser before this one it was a 50mw 405nm Model#xx-850 for 50$ in 2011 I killed The Driver With 9V :( & Lost The Diode Shortly After
BUT
yea im buying my next a AR Coated Focousing module + 445 1w Diode + the 1w driver from modwerx & My Bad i'm newb to lasers/diodes/drivers Looking For All Other Color's To Buy Above 100-Mw
Starting A Collection

Last edited:
I would suggest that you read the build tutorials and
the FAQs on the Forum...
You will be spending a lot less $$ once you know what
you are doing or doing wrong...

Jerry

yeaa ive been doing some reading quite a bit before i even built the thing the only problem i had was a broken lens in the diode Thanks for the info ill bee on the search again.:bowdown:

You risk damaging the driver by going 3V+ over the max input. If you read the data sheet is says not to exceed 5.8V and I can tell you they will die with too much voltage.

These cells should work for you.:beer:

AW IMR16340 550 mAh IMR CR123 size LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery

There Is No Data Sheet For This Driver Well That i know of but it works fine off that 9V+3vLi-ion no heat from either the driver or diode i currently have the diode set into a lens diode module from a cheap 8$ led/laser light
i do get a beam but not what im looking for id love a 405nm G-1 G-2 Lens It would fit in this huge lens holder in my old host:can:
Note: I have one Cr 123 Lithium ion not sure on power rating & 8 of 2300mah R-C-AA's &2AA's @ 2000 &R-C-AAA's@ 850mah & 3 3000 Mah AA's industrial. Is lower mah better? im pretty sure no? JW on your Suggestion of battery

Last edited:
Ive Made a New Driver based on the lm317 i ordered two diodes with modules & proper Lenses I Will Post Up when i get them together
another phr-805 & a lpc-826 Any suggestions?

Last edited: