Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MGL-III-655 Lab Laser

Here we have come, the day of finally getting a lab laser :)

PS: It seems like CNI sent me a completely different unit since this one differs in power & stability. Shipping & waiting for a new unit to be produced took awhile, almost 2 months, ugh, but I did finally received it! I also managed to not blow this one up, as I was careful to plug the head into the PSU first :eek: The following info as follows:

MGL-III-655 Lab Lasers Facts:
Power output: 151.5mW
Power Stability(over 4 hours): 0.485%!!!!!!!!!
Warm-up time: < 5 minutes
Laser class: IIIb
Output type: TE00

Overall, the laser is just as I expected. The host is beautiful, and immediately became one of my favorite lasers I've ever owned(and yes, I've owned a few :D)

I won't go into much detail as Im pretty excited to have gotten it back, and the pictures will better show how amazing this thing is.

PS ultimatekaiser: Yes, this is the small cute one lol.

10933-016.jpg
10934-017.jpg
10935-018.jpg
10936-019.jpg
10937-020.jpg
10938-021.jpg
10939-022.jpg
10940-023.jpg
10941-024.jpg
10943-028.jpg
10944-029.jpg

I apologize for this short review, but I hope I gave a small look on how stunning lab lasers look & I think everyone should at least try dipping their toes into this part of the laser hobby at some time or another. I had a long day when writing this review & haven't had much sleep so hopefully you won't hold this agaisnt me.

Thanks,
Alex :)

Last edited:

Gabe

'Grats Alex! <.5% stability is really impressive, I laughed when I saw the LPM graph and it was just a straight horizontal line!

'Grats Alex! <.5% stability is really impressive, I laughed when I saw the LPM graph and it was just a straight horizontal line!

Haha, thanks Gabe! I was amazed at how straight that line was aswell, I thought I wasn't seeing it right or somethin' :)

-Alex

Do you plan on using this for experimentation or just novelty with an almost limitless duty cycle?

Do you plan on using this for experimentation or just novelty with an almost limitless duty cycle?

Not sure yet. I could do some fun experiments with this, but the main reason I got it was to start building up my Lab Laser rainbow :)

-Alex

'grats! have fun with your new toy, just remember to be safe with it! if that had a nice circular dot you could possibly get away with doing holograms with it at that stability level. you might give my SLMs a run for their money. I think they sell SLM lasers on DL. they're very pricy, but maybe that'd be a fun hobby for you?

Last edited:
'grats! have fun with your new toy, just remember to be safe with it! if that had a nice circular dot you could possibly get away with doing holograms with it at that stability level. you might give my SLMs a run for their money. I think they sell SLM lasers on DL. they're very pricy, but maybe that'd be a fun hobby for you?

Thanks kaiser! I know, I was amazed when I saw the stability on this thing :eek: Dunno why I need that since I'm just doing pointing/burning, but okey lol.

I might need to check out the SLM lasers!

-Alex

diachi

Very nice!

Should build a low power RGB graphics projector. ;)

Very nice!

Should build a low power RGB graphics projector. ;)

Aye, thanks diachi! :)

Haha, that could be a fun experiment! I tried burning some dark cardboard and it only felt a little warm, think Im going to need a little more 655 photons to do any sort of burning.

-Alex

diachi

Aye, thanks diachi! :)

Haha, that could be a fun experiment! I tried burning some dark cardboard and it only felt a little warm, think Im going to need a little more 655 photons to do any sort of burning.

-Alex

Should burn reasonably if you focus it, isn't going to be too impressive unfocused though. If I have time this week I may have something with just a little bit of a kick to show off that you may enjoy, if you're interested in burning with labbys that is.

Should burn reasonably if you focus it, isn't going to be too impressive unfocused though. If I have time this week I may have something with just a little bit of a kick to show off that you may enjoy, if you're interested in burning with labbys that is.

Haha, sure! :beer:

-Alex

APEX1

I cant wait to see the pics and review! BTW text me back lolol