Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mental scanner

FokoF

Andy! checked your new scanner out on Photon, dam! its looking good! But this beamraider, what is up with the black colour is that even possible, i swear there is a thread on black lasers somewher :-X

LOL no there is no such thing as a black laser.

yeah ive made a post in the show sectio here on my scanner, just under this thread.

im getting the final holes cut today then its time to build

FokoF

I see you also having a problem trying to figure out how to paint it, i might be able to help you for a change ;D Auto shops, clean it with a spirit of some sorts, spray it with metal etch primer and then spray on your top coat, using automotive paint.
And remember thin even layers( the thinner the better!) it takes some time but works really well.
Afterwards it looks a bit like a slight orange peel effect, use 1200grit sand paper and go up to 1600grit, after that use rubbing compound to buff it up.
After all is said and done, you should have a scanner that looks like a brand new car, shiney!
;D

Things

I dunno if you've realised, and i'm just stating the obvius, but i think that is the case colour :-? :-?

FokoF

No i was talking about andy's scanner ;D its on another forum, he's building a RGB scanner from scratch, can't wait to see some pics of it in action! ::)

that is a SICK scanner... how's the input work? you get an external combiner and lasers to give you a white beam to put into it?

FokoP said:
I see you also having a problem trying to figure out how to paint it, i might be able to help you for a change ;D Auto shops, clean it with a spirit of some sorts, spray it with metal etch primer and then spray on your top coat, using automotive paint.
And remember thin even layers( the thinner the better!) it takes some time but works really well.
Afterwards it looks a bit like a slight orange peel effect, use 1200grit sand paper and go up to 1600grit, after that use rubbing compound to buff it up.
After all is said and done, you should have a scanner that looks like a brand new car, shiney!
;D

na its cool im going to spray it

fokop

on THIS forum go to shows and you will see i have already made a post

Switch

FokoP said:
Andy! checked your new scanner out on Photon, dam! its looking good! But this beamraider, what is up with the black colour is that even possible, i swear there is a thread on black lasers somewher :-X

When I first saw that it comes available in 5 colors I thought they mean laser colors, hah :D It's actually just the color of the case :p