Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

McDonalds Gift Card

I am so frustrated with the level of stupidity of people.
These are the same dumb-asses that want 15.00 per hour.

I get a #6 large = 7.57
I hand them a 5.00 gift card and 3.00 cash.
I get back a 43 cent gift card........ are you kidding me?
If I handed them a 50.00 bill what would I have gotten back?
I leave the gift card with them because I don't care about a 43 cent gift card. I refuse to keep track of a 43 cent gift card.
Well they messed up my food order so I ended up having to go inside (I was in the drive through).
The manager proceeds to tell me they have to take the cash first. I reply "then enter the exact amount and provide me the change from the drawer"...
He literally replied that the "register wouldn't balance", at this point I am FLOORED by the level of stupidity. I explain how money works... he doesn't get it. He says he isn't going to change for 1 customer... meaning they are scamming/forcing all of their customers into coming back. I finally just told him to refund the entire transaction. He says it will go back onto the card, I said "I know I'll make the change and do the math FOR you..." He then gets irate and hands my 7.57 in cash instead... I start to walk out and then realize that 7.57 is not equal to 3.00 cash and 5.00 gift card (heated moment and was ready to just leave) but at this point it is all about principle (as originally I was going to just leave the 43 cent card there before they messed up my order). He starts to argue that he already resolved the issue. I explain that 7.57 is not equal to 8.00. He hands me the 43 cent card back and says "Merry Christmas"...... I don't think I have ever been so aggravated by a fast food location.

I don't go to fast food joints often but I have had my share of McDonalds BS. Managers there don't really know what they're doing. There's this one ghetto McD near me that has a high rate of failure when getting the order right. The manager isn't too smart either.

D

Deleted member 16589

I hear this all the time.
Customer: Can I get a PLAIN hamburger
Drive through lady: would you like cheese on that.
-_- if they wanted cheese then they would ask for a cheeseburger.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!
This throws them for a loop also.
The bill is $17.29 You give them $22.29 so you can get a $5 bill back.
They stare at you like a deer in headlights & then give you 4 ones and 4 quarters :/

Hi,
I didn't know that hamburgers and lasers were of the same nature. Hey it wouldn't be so bad if they had a 445nm 501B as a Xmas gift, but they don't. That's what usually happens when you use gift cards. They will give the balance back in a gift card it's not all that strange. Some folks aren't as smart as others and maybe that's a company policy. If you were that upset about the change you could have called on a manager to to see if that was the correct procedure. Now if you built a hamburger with a laser diode in it that would fit in the forum.
Sorry about your misfortune of$43 cent's.

Rich:)

Hi,
I didn't know that hamburgers and lasers were of the same nature. Hey it wouldn't be so bad if they had a 445nm 501B as a Xmas gift, but they don't. That's what usually happens when you use gift cards. They will give the balance back in a gift card it's not all that strange. Some folks aren't as smart as others and maybe that's a company policy. If you were that upset about the change you could have called on a manager to to see if that was the correct procedure. Now if you built a hamburger with a laser diode in it that would fit in the forum.
Sorry about your misfortune of$43 cent's.

Dude, You might want to check where this thread was posted. It was posted in the correct section.

Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Off-Topic > Other > McDonalds Gift Card

And I believe I stated in the OP that I did speak with the manager.
Do you fully read threads and posts prior to posting?
Are you attempting to raise your post count?
I don't understand why you respond in semi-troll format?
This seems to be a theme with your posts:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/r...0nm-osram-pl450b-diode-94070.html#post1364753
The thread title said everything.
Questioning why I want a 5mw laser
Now I will admit you apologized to another member in that post that you were out of line...

But then there was this thread

I feel you are being a bit abrasive. If it was not intended I apologize for the accusation. I have nothing against you but at present you are mildly frustrating me. Please discontinue your current practices.

WOW!!
This throws them for a loop also.
The bill is $17.29 You give them $22.29 so you can get a $5 bill back.
They stare at you like a deer in headlights & then give you 4 ones and 4 quarters :/

lol @ 4 quarters

Last edited:
Hi,
No disrespect at all i just thought that this is a laser related forum. When i seen hamburgers and 43 cent i said what's going on here . I would think this topic would be better off on Facebook or something like that. And it just rubbed me wrong how you called people stupid and that's not nice at all sorry . I personally don't do fast foods at all but that's your thing and that's cool.I'm sorry if i offended you that was not my intention what so ever. I just never seen a hamburger thread here , but now i can LOL ! Please accept my humble apology . But i do like your light saber build that's something to talk about..

You should have posted exactly what McDonald's it was in Troy Texas or wherever it was and given the exact address. You should also write to their company HQ and complain, maybe they will mail you another gift card. :crackup: People shouldn't even give fast food gift cards as gifts in my opinion. I worked in fast food for 5 years at a Wendy's, it was the worst 5 years of my life. I am very familiar with the problems they have as well as the idiocy of employees and managers. I very seldom eat fast food except for pizza, I only once ever got a wrong pizza and I didn't notice until I got home so I kept it and that was many years ago. I also sometimes buy the hot foods they have at Walmart, there's no way to go wrong there.

Alan

Hi,
I was not aware of the food discussions and i apologized humbly to trend. It was a simple misunderstanding that's all. Sorry about the confusion again i am laser minded when i log on and it took me by surprise. Once again Sorry Trend for getting you frustrated it was not my intention. Will you accept my apology and have a very Xmas and a a happy New Year to you and your Wife and everyone one at LPF. God bless during the holiday's..

STI24

I would be more upset at the fact that someone gifted me a McDonald's gift card.

How did they mess up your order?

A McDonald's $5 gift card or nothing ... (spoken pure exasperated valley girl) like .... wellllll okay .... I guess ..... like ..... tsk ..... geeze .... like I wanted a coach clutch bag ya know ... like fine ... just gimme it already .................... GOD!!!

BTW ... there is a boat load of non laser threads here.

GSS

I see your starting an early Christmas party LC:beer: It was a #6 and was shocked at $7.57 even for a "large" I just noticed recently they dont have the $1 menu anymore, that used to be great. The McDs near me is located near a High School and they have a nerve to charge for extra ketchup packets. Kids an ketchup goes hand in hand that really pisses me off. Not to make this into a big thing but a while back Trendkilla I saw a post when you we aggravated with minimum wage going as high as $15 an hour. I heard you loud and clear as I started at $5 an hour and put my time in an only to make $5 more than minimum wage?? Merry Christmas every one for real an hey if I get a $5 Mcds gift card now I know!

If I were to get a McDonald's gift card I would just give it to someone else, just as if I got a fruit cake, I hope no one really eats those.

Alan