Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Maybe I Just Have a Dirty Mind... (PG-13)

No, you dont. It's normal association.

Or...
... I have dirty mind too... :thinking:

:crackup:

The commercial didn't bother me....:eg:
I can offer those women a similar product for a lot less than $19.95...:whistle:
And it would make me feel quite happy to do so...:D

Jerry

The commercial didn't bother me....:eg:
I can offer those women a similar product for a lot less than $19.95...:whistle:
And it would make me feel quite happy to do so...:D

Jerry

I think it may have been the musculoskeletal model on the computer screen there...with it, the commercial seemed to create just the wrong mix of exciting and disturbing.

daguin

Subliminal sex is rampant in advertising. I had a notional level forensics competitor do a "Communication Analysis" of it a few years ago. It was amazing what she found :tsk:

Peace,
dave

HIMNL9

Subliminal sex is rampant in advertising. I had a notional level forensics competitor do a "Communication Analysis" of it a few years ago. It was amazing what she found :tsk:

Peace,
dave

I also noticed this, more times, but, there's a thing that preoccupe me more ..... is just me, or just in my country, or also in other ones, that commercial advertising on TV and similars are becoming not just more "subliminal sex oriented", but also more idiotics, when time pass ?

I mean, i remember some commercial advertising from 25 or 30 years ago ...... i always hated commercial ads, but the old ones, sometimes, had a sense, and some other times, gave me some good laugh ..... the "modern" ones, i can say that for my personal feeling, 90% are stupids, and still going from "stupid" to "more stupid" each week passing (saying "stupids" for be gentle :p), the remaining, 9% are simply without any sense (means that they are so completely senseless and absurds, that don't reach the minimum level for become defined also just stupids), and the remaining 1%, well, from them, if i made some effort, i can also understand what they are trying to promote .....

And the worse thing, perhaps, is that big companies still spend thousands of (place your money symbol here), for "works" of so low arthistical, effective and interesting contents, for not say, in some cases, just disgusting .....

Or is just me ? ..... Am i just so bad, judging them in this way ? (i also had a terrific idea ..... that commercial ads are "following the thread" of the intelligence level of the "medium sample" of the world population ..... and this IS scaring me, if is so :p)

Ha Ha! I almost spilled my coffee on my keyboard! That is beyond hilarious... As Dave said above, either it's obvious and deliberate, or the producers are absolutely clueless... I vote for the former!

Brilliantly funny.

Robert

Lmao!!! Thats gotta be a joke. Definetly the funniest video I've seen in a while

daguin

I also noticed this, more times, but, there's a thing that preoccupe me more ..... is just me, or just in my country, or also in other ones, that commercial advertising on TV and similars are becoming not just more "subliminal sex oriented", but also more idiotics, when time pass ?

I mean, i remember some commercial advertising from 25 or 30 years ago ...... i always hated commercial ads, but the old ones, sometimes, had a sense, and some other times, gave me some good laugh ..... the "modern" ones, i can say that for my personal feeling, 90% are stupids, and still going from "stupid" to "more stupid" each week passing (saying "stupids" for be gentle :p), the remaining, 9% are simply without any sense (means that they are so completely senseless and absurds, that don't reach the minimum level for become defined also just stupids), and the remaining 1%, well, from them, if i made some effort, i can also understand what they are trying to promote .....

And the worse thing, perhaps, is that big companies still spend thousands of (place your money symbol here), for "works" of so low arthistical, effective and interesting contents, for not say, in some cases, just disgusting .....

Or is just me ? ..... Am i just so bad, judging them in this way ? (i also had a terrific idea ..... that commercial ads are "following the thread" of the intelligence level of the "medium sample" of the world population ..... and this IS scaring me, if is so :p)

Ha Ha! I almost spilled my coffee on my keyboard! That is beyond hilarious... As Dave said above, either it's obvious and deliberate, or the producers are absolutely clueless... I vote for the former!

Brilliantly funny.

Robert

This will very quickly get well beyond what I can type in a post, but your observations are correct. It has been learned that the "educational content" of ad's are mostly irrelevant. It has to do with the perephrial vs. the central routes of persuasion. The lower the knowledge base and intelligence of the audience the more effective the perephrial route.

Advertisers have learned that they do not persuade peple to do anything with their ads. All they get is product recognition.

The bottom line is this: As long as the audience keeps looking at the ad AND they have a recognizable logo or name, the advertisement gets all it can from the audience. It could quite litterally be a flashing red dot with the logo at the end if people would look at the flashing dot.

While we are mesmerized by the not so subtle sexual vision AND try to figure out why it is bothering us, the advertiser accomplishes its purpose.

Lmao!!! Thats gotta be a joke. Definetly the funniest video I've seen in a while

Just Google "shake weight' you will see that this is deadly serious

Peace,
dave

Absolutely not a joke, unless the jokester is paying a lot of money to air the joke on national television. It came on my TV last night, and that's what made me go look it up.

They've made several commercials, going back to last year apparently. There are several parody videos out there too, as there should be.

Oh, and do I have great timing or what? SNL did a skit on the commercial last night as well, The Only Thing I Enjoyed on SNL Last Night: Shake Weight Parody | Small Screen Scoop, but I swear I didn't see their skit, I haven't watched SNL in years.