Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Marley + Rigel!

Hey guys,

I decided to test out the laser experiment with Marley on if he would follow a laser if shone through his tank! I think he may have also gotten a little exercise since he is a little lazy ;)

-Alex

Last edited:

Haha I can't believe it! A fish chasing a laser! I wonder how many kinds of fish this works with? I hope this doesn't lead to people going fishing and using lasers to attract fish.

Alan

I like how the beam is visible. That Rigel is well tuned. Try with a 405 in low light, it may glow nicely in the water depending on if you have used chemicals in there.

I like how the beam is visible. That Rigel is well tuned. Try with a 405 in low light, it may glow nicely in the water depending on if you have used chemicals in there.

I don't think my 405nm would be a good idea, it's probably close to 100mW and don't want to take a chance :yabbem:

But yeah, my Rigel is doing pretty good even though it did have a small second of starting up trouble this morning.

-Alexx

I don't think my 405nm would be a good idea, it's probably close to 100mW and don't want to take a chance :yabbem:

But yeah, my Rigel is doing pretty good even though it did have a small second of starting up trouble this morning.

-Alexx

That's true you might end up with cooked fish! :whistle:

Its probably because betas are so territorial. He sees something moving and wants to know whats up.

Used to get my bearded dragon to chase a green laser around. (has to be green, they don't pick up reds or blues very well) He quickly realized the dot wasn't food and gave up.

Cat still goes insane for lasers even after 8 months of playing with them.