Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Making white with blue and yellow

It's been done before, but not recently and not by an LPF member (to my knowledge).

I used my single-line ion laser because it was the only blue that has similar beam characteristics to my yellow. My 473 would have worked, but it's tied up in my projector. The yellow was a 1mW 589nm CNI pen doing ~5mW. The ghost blue is due to internal reflection at the dichro.

I find the best Y-B ratio is 1:4.

enjoy :beer:

SAM_1132.jpg

SAM_1137.jpg

SAM_1144.jpg

SAM_1141.jpg

See? 2 wavelengths only - no trickery :na:

Last edited:

Way to cool.:gj:

Those Pictures are Awesome.:)

Iam working on a little Red and Blu-ray build but man does white look awesome. Aligning is very time consuming.:)

+:beer:

anselm

A white laser beam is always welcome, I didn't know two colors could be enough to make white!

Wow... It's nice to be back and able to post again....

So Yellow & Blue used to make white.
According to the priciples involved with light shouldn't Purple & Green also be able to make a white from 2 colors ? Purple being both blue & red and then green to complete it. Or is the true lower wavelength purity of the Purple not equivalent to the combined color idea ?
Just asking those who actually have the hardware to check it out...I'm still working on getting something myself but unemployment, young son, and being short $600/mo. for the mortgage is really causing some delays in my recreational spending...

That's what I was thinking...
At least according to the 10 years in theatre/stage and the 10 years in TV production that I have. That was my favorite lighting display trickery. Use the 3 primary colors to create the white. And you dim selectively to create a subtle variant that creates mood without the concious perception of the people attending. (It works with rope-lighting at home too. "Wash" the walls with the 3 colors for a nice warm `white' or dim the blue a bit to make for a warmer yellow tint to cheer up a rainy day, or take out a bit of the red to create a subtle coolness during the hot nights of summer, etc.)
Always lots of fun.

From a number of places here I believe the best way to make black is to take off the protective eyewear and look into the beam to see if its really bright.
Then you can be guaranteed to have all the black you could ever want.

-BTW- Like they say on every episode of MythBusters, Don't try this yourself ! Ever !

^Setting the camera to auto-white-balance doesn't count :na:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Colorspace.png
    Colorspace.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 819
Last edited:
^Setting the camera to auto-white-balance doesn't count :na:

Actually might be hard to believe but this is no trick, it does really look very close to the video, no lie.
405 + 532 does not even look a little white. Your eyes must be broken.

At about 200mw 532nm + 250mw 405nm it does appear quite "white" especially the beam through smoke. And BTW I score perfectly on color acuity tests plus I have 20/20 vision, so no my eyes are not broken, they work just fine thank you. :wtf: guy I have no motivation to mislead or lie to anyone about this, if you choose to not believe me then try it for yourself I personally don't care what you think. I'm not here to argue, just want to share my experiments and learn from others.:beer:

Here are some more pics, what your seeing is my trilights "150mw" labby combined with an sf-aw210 set @ about 225ma, no P.S. and no color balance, just resized images from a cheap "insignia" cam.

Attachments

• 532&405_1.JPG
    532&405_1.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 532&405_2.JPG
    532&405_2.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 532&405_3.JPG
    532&405_3.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 532&405_4.JPG
    532&405_4.JPG