Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Making my own blu-ray laser help with parts

Niell

Hey, Ive been looking around to buy parts for a 65mW blu-ray laser ( 405nm ).

I got this so far:
Sanyo 405nm 65mW laser diode - Sanyo 405nm 65mW laser diode [405-S50] - $7.59 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
405/450nm laser coated collimation lens /glass - 405/450nm laser coated collimation lens /glass [OL-405L] - $7.39 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Variable Current Step-up (Boost) Laser Driver 405nm - Variable Current Step-up (Boost) Laser Driver 405nm | eBay

I can't find any good host, are there any suggestions for a "cheap" price? Or place it in a holder with heatsink would do for me aswell if that is possible.

Oh, and will these parts work with eachother? The diode with the driver etc and how would I power it then? I also want to stay around $30-$50. Sorry but my knowledge of lasers isn't that good :D

Thanks in advance

Blord

Welcome to the LPF forum !

A fellow member from Belgium. We don't see that much. :beer:

You have to put the laser diode in the Aixiz module. This module is place into the heatsink. Almost every host/flashlight have a heatsink. This part is not from the original design but must be made to fit the host.

You also have to think about the host first. If it fits only one battery you will need a boost driver. If two batteries are needed then use a linear or buck driver.

Niell

Last edited: