Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Making Laser Show

M

Mac

im new at this, so it looks a bit bad.

\ | / \ | / \ | /
\ | / \ | / \ | /
\ | / \ | / \ | /
\ | / \ | / \ | /
\ | / \ | / \ | /
\|||||||||/ _________ ___________ ____________
\|||||| / | | |
\ |||| / | | |
\ ||| / | | |
\ ||/ -------- --------- --------
\ \/ | | | | | | _____________________________
\ /__________ |-------|_______ |-------|________ |--------|__________________| My future 125mW Viper |
\ | | | | | | \__ |___ ________________________ |
--------- -------- ------ \____
\__
\ /\ _____________________________
\ / \_____| My future Wicked 2-5mW |
/___\ |____________________________ |

Those things at the top are diffraction gratings, and they would be rotating. The things that are getting the beam to go up, are cubic crystals. the thing at the end, would be a mirror attached to a pc fat rotating, making a time tunnel......... so I would have a small rotating motor, witch would conect to the 3 defraction grading thingys, a pc fan at the end with a mirror on it, making a time tunnel, I think that would look pretty cool ;D When I get my viper, and do my "prototype" I will put lots of pics and vids.

Rhith

If you can get it to all light up that would be sweet. Be sure to get plenty of pics and vids if you do make it.

Looks pretty god Mac, however by the time the beam reached the end to produce the tunnel effect, it would be pretty weak, with the 3 cubic splitters in line, you might like to try just 1 splitter to start with, then add more if the losses are not great.

This is what I am using at the moment, although I have pulled it all apart and modified it with 2 pots in line for each motor, to produce tunnels and a huge variety of spirograph effects. It is a neat little unit with 2 alligned motors with small tilted Frontside mirrors. It is also sound sensitive and will change patterns in time with the music if you wish or run through a preset repeating pattern routine. I have disabled both of these features to make it controlable using the Pots to each motor

I have modified it to accept both my 60mw green and 100mw red Labbys

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-HOT-LASER...ryZ14954QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Jase

M

Mac

Tallaxo said:
Looks pretty god Mac, however by the time the beam reached the end to produce the tunnel effect, it would be pretty weak, with the 3 cubic splitters in line, you might like to try just 1 splitter to start with, then add more if the losses are not great.

This is what I am using at the moment, although I have pulled it all apart and modified it with 2 pots in line for each motor, to produce tunnels and a huge variety of spirograph effects.  It is a neat little unit with 2 alligned motors with small tilted Frontside mirrors.  It is also sound sensitive and will change patterns in time with the music if you wish or run through a preset repeating pattern routine.  I have disabled both of these features to make it controlable using the Pots to each motor

I have modified it to accept both my 60mw green and 100mw red Labbys

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-HOT-LASER...ryZ14954QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Jase
Good point, I might buy that ting tomorrow