Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Making Effects

rlp92

I saw some laser effect vids
Look real cool
But none of them show how they do it, how do you make the Liquid Sky Effect and Time tunnel effect??

JLSE

The easyest one is to get a small vibe motor from an old cell phone and glue it to the back of a small mirror. Add a trim pot to the power going in, the different voltages produce different patterns. My avatar on the left was done in this fashion.

cheers. :)

rlp92

andy_con, can i cut out pieces of cd and use them in place of the mirrors?? cause i dont have mirrors like that

rlp92

ah dam, all my cd players need the lid to be closed for it to start playing the disk, so it wont move without lid closed...what i do?

take the top off and find the switch that operates the main cut out

Switch

rlp92 said:
ah dam, all my cd players need the lid to be closed for it to start playing the disk, so it wont move without lid closed...what i do?
Pieces of CDs won't work because they're horrible at reflecting.

Switch

I was wondering....Couldn't you make a liquid sky effect with just a line generator? :-/

Amnizu

Switch said:
I was wondering....Couldn't you make a liquid sky effect with just a line generator? :-/

It would not only be stupidly easy, it would likely be better.

Now I may be wrong here but I have reasoned that if you spread a 10mw beam, with a line generator, over 10 feet that equals 1mw per foot....If you rotate a mirror to reflect the beam, every point gets the full 10mw repeatedly....... :-/

Regards rog8811

rlp92

i dont have any of that stuff, i got a cd player ( im not allowed to break)
I can find some plastic mirror at my local craft store
And i have a few cd's that i dont need
I also got an old cell phone, i dont use

Could you tell me if i can make anything and instructions?
Thanks ;)

is that just a rotating mirror then?
Yes, simple as that a mirror on a computer fan...the hard part is getting one line, it took ages to set up, most times I ended up with 2 lines (one from the front and one from the back of the mirror).

@ rip92 If your phone has a vibro motor, take off the eccentric weight, taking care not to bend the shaft, put on a mirror as described in the hand held projector thread I linked to earlier. That will give you a tunnel effect.

Regards rog8811