Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Making a laster pointer from a Module

Cam453

You'll need a host to hold it and a 3V battery but other than that the module has everything it needs to lase.

cc6726

maybe get a module with a spring on the end and use THIS well thats what im gunna do anyway. but because yours is 200mw u might want to get something with heatsinking so idk.
if you go with that host all you need is a cr2 battery and ur good to go. but just to let you know ive heard that the front lens which makes it waterproof does make the laser a little less powerfull, but not by much

goodluck

you can expect a 10% loss because of waterproofing lenses...
but yeah, alll you need is that, a hosts, ( new wish pen hosts or that one^^^ work well) and batteries... you have a soldering iron?

cc6726

oh yeeh i just read that sometimes the waterproofing is dodgy aswell and leaks so id go with the pen host HERE i think rayfoss sells both of these hosts aswell but i like odicforce so thats why i post their website. also you may want to limit duty cycles if you want 200mw laser to make sure it doesnt overheat

Last edited:

Vamp

Will two AAA batteries work?

Or will I need something like this?

18650 Rechargeable Lithium LiFePO4 Battery 2 Pack (1350mAh) (Batteries Category) - $27.95 : Gadgets Direct - Australias Largest Gadget Store with Free Shipping on Everything

I already have one of these to use as a host:
armlaser.com%2050mw%20green%20laser%20pointer%20black.JPG

Vamp

Thanks for the cheaper site for this module but can anyone answer my Q about the batteries?
Thanks