Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

make lpf more mobile friendly...?

at work all i have is my psp to browse lpf but for the past week or 2 it keeps telling me i dont have enuff memory to view most pages. im sure alot of it has to do with pic sizes since hardly anyone resizes pics for avatars. i know nick(humansymphony) also logs in on his psp as well. anyone else try to log in from a mobile device?

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 68

I use my Nokia N73 sometimes to "try" and look on here. But I can't login, and yes I have a cache full error after some time as well.

i cant read my first post or replies b/c i dont have enough memory.... :(

about 70% of my time on lpf is on my psp, but i turn images and everything off. then if i see a thread that has pics relavent to my interests i'll turn images on and refresh. for the most part i just read text. also it loads within a few seconds instead of like a minute :p besides the psp's 2mb browser memory is just FAIL. sony needs to allocate more/sufficient RAM to it.

my psp browser usually stays in "stripped" state meaning i dont run flash ads and cut out all the other stuff that isnt necassary but for the past week or 2 ive been having a problem even loading the lpf homepage. allmost all of the sub-forums wont load all the way anymore. i dont know if cold did some kind of upgrade but like i said the past week or so ive gotten p.o.'ed alot b/c i cant view threads or do much of anything with my psp. i do agree nick that sony should step up the browser a good bit but i think even the new slims have almost the same memory. i was gonna test it today but my buddy forgot his slim when he came to the bar.

idk a lot about psps. but maybe memory's full and/or is not dumping everything when it's turned off?

it seems fine on my semi functional psp slim I got from my friend (cracked screen up doesn't work no joystick flash1 keep corrupting) it takes FOREVER to load anything though...wish I still had my itouch :'( that thing is much better on the internet than the PSP ever will be. faster, more internal memory for online, it can zoom in and out, youtube, and all sorts of stuff. now that the price has dropped to only $200 instead of $300 for an 8gb maybe I'll buy it ;D or $20 more for a 2nd gen

works fine on my phone. I'm currently Opera Mobile on mine, works with Pocket IE too but Pocket IE sucks!

your snazzy phones and ipods may have good browsers, but in terms of portable gaming, ha, no. :p

yea especially the huge gif avatars - when i made mine i was sure to cut it down to a reasonable file size - i think mine is like 200kb

even with the slim and its 64mb of ram(compared to a phat psp's 32mb) it still had trouble loading alot of the pages.