Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Make a Wireless Power Transmitter

Hiemal

Wireless Power Charger!

Yes, I made it... :shhh:

It was something I thought of one day and decided to make it into a tutorial. :yh:

There wasn't any other decent ones describing accurately how they work, or really how to build one, so I decided to be a first.

Thanks for reading it if you do :)

Hmm... Let me see if I have this right? You plug your said device into something that has a cord? Then you place said device attached to said cord and place it ontop of another device with a cord till its done charging?

Sure has a lot of wires for being wireless...:thinking:

Nice project anyhow!

Hiemal

Well, strictly speaking the power is being transferred wirelessly. The circuitry needed to actually do it still requires power and thus wires...

Nothing will ever truly be wireless, unfortunately.

It is what is called an Air Core transformer...
You could basically replace the 2 large coils with
a standard Iron Core transformer and it would
also work...

Jerry

Things

Solutions for charging mobile devices wirelessly are already showing up on the market. I've seen a few people that have cases for their phones with built in coils, so you just throw it ontop of a pad to charge. To be honest, I'd prefer to just plug it in for much more efficient and faster charging times, but once the technology improves a bit, I can see it taking off.

Transformers embedded in circuit boards, and using the actual copper traces as windings around an embedded ferrite core already exist and companies are using them already.

So theoretically manufacturers could even build the coils right into the devices.

Hiemal

Mhm. But it's always cooler to make it yourself than to buy it.

It's a lot easier to just buy a laser than it is to build one yet there's a certain satisfaction that comes with building your own.

Solutions for charging mobile devices wirelessly are already showing up on the market. I've seen a few people that have cases for their phones with built in coils, so you just throw it ontop of a pad to charge.

Those things look neat, if i had one i would embed the "transmitter" into a table top or something so it cant be seen, then just place my phone on top and watch it charge like magic.

Last edited: