Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Maglite custom driver..?

So I'm thinking of modding a 3 D maglite to have more modes, thats all i want, I'll use the stock bulb and all if possible. I was wondering if I can simply find a drive similar to THIS
Of course I'd find the right output and input voltages and such, I'm just wondering if it would work? I have plenty of experience with lasers and Other small electronics but this is the first flashlight related thing I've done. thanks for any help!

Last edited:

i don't think you can use a LED driver for a incan bulb,

you may want to try to ask this question on CPF (candlepowerforums.com) that forum is dedicated to flashlights and will probably be of more help if no one has a answer for you here....

sinner

yeah man, cpf would have a dozens of threads about ur stuff , we err the laser men!

yeah man, cpf would have a dozens of threads about ur stuff , we err the laser men!

Well I did post in the flashlight section :p lol. But alright i'll probably ask. I dont see why it wouldnt work if its the same voltage.. electricity is eletricity.

Definitely would be a better question for CPF. All I can say is that as long as your bulb doesn't want to pull more current than the driver can provide, it should work. Except for low and strobe. They probably won't work. And the bulb may have a shortened lifespan.

There are incandescent drivers for soft-starting high power bulbs. Don't know if those include modes or not.