Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MACSA YAG laser won't "Ready"

Kaspog

we have a YAG laser (model:D5005-MACSA) that won't get "Ready". the laser wouldn't activate the "Ready" for use or for firing the laser. what would be the possible cause? first problem for this was the power supply, for CPU(PM-LX-800-R11) and the SM121 board was damage due to surge current but now it was fixed already and the same problem occured. so, I suspected the trouble was between the CPU and the SM121 board maybe. I have new spare for this two. I replaced it but still the same. Any idea for this?

Last edited:

Kaspog

anybody can help about this YAG laser problem? any idea from the expert?

Send some pictures and a step by step description of the problem. That'd help use see what might be wrong. Pictures and a circuit diagram perhaps? Also, just a quick question... what are you doing with a YAG? Engraving metals/plastics?..... You could have a dead driver or dead relay?

I've never worked with a YAG before. It sounds like a complex system used for industrial engraving. Lots of safeties and interlocks...