Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lurked for a while, finally decided to join

Hi guys, I'm trademark91, and I'm a linux hobbyist who also enjoys lasers. I got into the hobby about a year ago when I ordered a 300mw 405nm laser from china for about $40. I got it and was heartbroken that I couldn't burn stuff, and found this forum as a result. Since then I have learned that the laser was probably nowhere near 300mw. After that, I got lucky enough to get an arctic off ebay for ~200, and I learned just how important safety goggles were.

Anyway, I'm very excited to become a member here, and look forward to both learning and sharing knowledge with this community.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and yes, I already have two pairs of safety goggles, one for 405/445, and one for 650nm.

Good to see someone did some prior research before registering, I'm not a vet but I think like one when it comes to newbies--

Looks like you're working your way up on wavelengths (405->445). You should keep this up and get a 473nm next ;) Its not a conventional burning laser, but the color itself is worth it when buying from the right place in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of the 405nm, purple is my favorite color, and I love the blacklight properties it has. That said, my current one is not the best, so I'll probably be replacing that before I get any other higher wavelength lasers. I actually just bought a 635nm laser this morning, so I'll see how that pans out as well.

The goal is to eventually have one in each color, 405, 445, 532, and 635/650, then I'll start branching out into the more obscure colors. I'll probably try to assemble my own when the time comes around though, I've seen some pretty awesome builds around here and I'm itching to try my hand at it.

Last edited: