Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lumenis Lightsheer Duet Coolant issue

Am new to this Forum, and wasn't sure where to post so I just figured I'd post in General, and get advised as to proper forum to post on.

I have a Lumenis Lightsheer duet with error code E135 (HS BP over temperature.)

Upon opening up the unit I noticed that the coolant was extremely low. I've typically just added Distelled water to other similar diode laser hair removal machines. however this time the coolant is green, looks kind of like anti-freeze.

does anyone know what type of coolant I would use to refill this machine. nad if by chance the coolanttube is maybe pressurized, upon which I would have to by a complete assy reservoir to rreplacwe this one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lumenis%20Lightsheer%20Duet%205_zpsd86bpdq4.jpg

Lumenis%20Lightsheer%20Duet%201_zpsmt3txsjg.jpg

Lumenis%20Lightsheer%20Duet%207_zpsk8bwh1kv.jpg

Did your decoding of an error code require some sort of manual? Doesn't said manual have any info about the coolant? Aside from the normal expansion of the coolant during use, I don't see any reason why it would be pressurized.

I'd say phucket and take a chance by waiting several hours (so the coolant cools/contracts) and using antifreeze/DI-water, myself. But it's your machine :)

Last edited:
Conveniently error 135 was omitted from the operations manual. My understanding is that the coolant shoots thru the umbilical to the laser head to cool the unit every time it flashes. My concerns in using water/antifreeze without confirmation, is the corrosive nature of water when used to quench heated elements.