Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lucentoptics...IN STOCK!

P

Proctor

http://www.lucentoptics.com

Finally got their stock in of 100mW's and 90mW's!

The buy button should be up by tonight.

-Proctor

I don't know if whoever wants to buy them...still does want to buy them due to a change in the way they sell them. They sell them in two levels, 95-105mW and 80-90mW. I personally don't like it, and I don't think they will sell as many. Bad choice in my opinion.

T

timelord

Proctor said:
http://www.lucentoptics.com

-Proctor

I don't know if whoever wants to buy them...still does want to buy them due to a change in the way they sell them. They sell them in two levels, 95-105mW and 80-90mW. I personally don't like it, and I don't think they will sell as many. Bad choice in my opinion.
I've looked and the max power is a 95mw

P

Proctor

Timelord said:
[quote author=Proctor link=1173811198/0#0 date=1173811197]http://www.lucentoptics.com

-Proctor

I've looked and the max power is a 95mw [/quote]

#NV-95 95mW-105mW $315.00(USD)+S&H Peak: 115mW

P

Proctor

Timelord said:
I want the NV:100 not a 95

Yeah, that's what I told Gary, he wont listen because he's being lazy. They're going to fail doing this.

If you order one now, you'll most likely get one of their highest ones. They're very honest and will definitely send you a laser over 110mW if you are one of the first to buy one from their new stock.

T

timelord

Like i said i want an NV: 100 or above and i won't settle for any less. Or it's gonna have to be a laserglow aries or herc. I'm very disapointed in Lucent now. They've lost my vote until they get some power ;)

P

Proctor

Timelord said:
Like i said i want an NV: 100 or above and i won't settle for any less. Or it's gonna have to be a laserglow aries or herc. I'm very disapointed in Lucent now. They've lost my vote until they get some power ;)

I'll sell you my 130mW for $300USD :)

Otterbox included, perfect condition.

I gotta say, 5mW? Maybe 20mW I can see, but 5mW? Being a little picky there TL :p. Even a 100mW will drop far below the 100 mark over time and stability will be far worse than 5mW.

T

timelord

Well i'm a picky sort of person and now i've noticed that the duty cycle is recommended at 5mins instead of 100% :'(
So on that note i'm just a bit confused and Lucent need to pull their finger out, maybe even bring higher powered ones out..

P

Proctor

Timelord said:
Well i'm a picky sort of person and now i've noticed that the duty cycle is recommended at 5mins instead of 100%  :'(
So on that note i'm just a bit confused and Lucent need to pull their finger out, maybe even bring higher powered ones out..

Well, they recommend duty cycle as 5 minutes because power will start dropping off at around that time. No way will it damage the laser (You can ask pseudo as he's left one on while sleeping) though. I tested my 130mW after 5 minutes today...It lit a match at the beginning, then lit a match only maybe 3 seconds slower than after startup. There are some duds yes, but you can always send them back and get a new one.

They're also tested on the Meter, unlike wicked lasers.

Timelord said:
Well i'm a picky sort of person and now i've noticed that the duty cycle is recommended at 5mins instead of 100%  :'(

Yeah, Proctor pretty much covered it. I don't think there is any risk of damage from keeping them on continuously, but these are as unstable as the CNI black/golds and seem to be even more picky about temperature (and the CNI black/golds were very temperamental to begin with). Every single time I test an Envee, it does something different. One I have was hitting >140mW earlier and holding that for 1-2 minutes before dropping down to ~60mW in TEM01. Last time I tested it it held amazingly stable for 8 minutes at TEM00, but only in the 60-80mW range. I am very wary about telling anyone a definite power on Envees anymore because all the ones I have seem to top 100mW averages on a good day, and have trouble topping 40mW on a bad.

Their site now says:

Models Output(mW min.) Our Price Peak Output
#NV-80 80mW-99mW $265.00(USD)+S&H 105mW
#NV-100 100mW-110mW $315.00(USD)+S&H 115mW

is there any doubt the lasers haven't changed, just the wording?

T

timelord

kenrok1 said:
Their site now says:

Models Output(mW min.) Our Price Peak Output
#NV-80 80mW-99mW $265.00(USD)+S&H 105mW
#NV-100 100mW-110mW $315.00(USD)+S&H 115mW

is there any doubt the lasers haven't changed, just the wording?
Only the wording has changed the lasers are still the same. Proctor advised them to change the wording.