Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lucent Optics, Lasers & Service Any Good ?

Struct

Thinking about getting the NV-100 100mW-120mW for $290.00(USD) has anyone delt with these guys ?

There have been bad reports of Lucent, go with the Alpha 100 from Novalasers instead.

Struct

Yah maybe I jumped the gun, cause I order it, oh well cross my fingers, what were these reports if you can recall ?

Struct

So no one has anything thing to report from Lucent Optics first hand ? Id really like to know what to expect

Struct said:
So no one has anything thing to report from Lucent Optics first hand ? Id really like to know what to expect
After the first customers reported bad lasers from them, not many people bought from them, so there aren't any reviews.

Struct

Well everyone here seems to recommand nova, but from what I can tell thier both CNI lasers and they look identical Alpha Series 105 & enVee 100, Dimensions & Specs are pretty much exactly the same, also the price tags are about the same enVee 100 for $290.00 and Alpha Series 105 for $289.00, (one dollar in difference) If their is big differences between the two, can someone point them out please.

Both lasers are from the same manufacturer, and they are both the exact same model. What makes them different is how the companies test them. Nova is much more strict at testing their lasers than many other companies, so if an alpha is putting out 120mW, it will be marked as an alpha 100. IIRC, Lucent has sent out units that had outputs as low as 50mW! I'm not sure about that, so search this forum's old posts to find the bad comments about them.

Struct

Ok well, I emailed Lucent Optics, they told me my laser was tested before it was shipped and they said 'Your laser measured 110mW' Seems they do test thier lasers, so 110mW should be satisfactory for me, I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives.

Also styropyro I tried searching these forums for enVee 100 lasers & lucent optics, but I never turned up much about them, so I started this thread hoping someone who experienced them could shed some light.

I have had an EnVee 100 for a year now and it seems fine. but i don't have a laser meter to measure output so I don't really know its output.

I have had my enVee 120 (NV-100 model) since August 2007. It is a great laser. Very tight beam & great burning ability. No complaints. The people there I have emailed were very helpful. I would buy from them if / when they were to come out with new models.

Struct

Recieved it today! can't wait till night fall, don't have glasses yet so won't be using it in the house anytime soon, can one somone please tell me which way to insert the batteries?

Razako

Struct said:
Recieved it today! can't wait till night fall, don't have glasses yet so won't be using it in the house anytime soon, can one somone please tell me which way to insert the batteries?
Usually in lasers the negative end goes into the laser and the positive end touches the end cap.

Struct

Razako, thanks for the tip, it worked for me. So far this laser is stunning I`m very pleased with its beam and brightness, I only used it for awhile tonight outside, and it sure does light up the sky. So far i`d recommand this laser, the shipping was fast, and communication was great, laser was packed very well, and came with a really nice case. Once I obtain proper laser safety glasses I`ll try some inside burning experiments and let you all know how it does, but im sure the results will be pleasing as well. Thanks for all your post!