Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lpm

Hello, I am new to this forum and looking to buy a >1W 445nm laser. I was wondering if there is anyone located in San Diego or near by southern California city/county that has a LPM and would be willing to test a lasers output and what the cost would be.

Thanks,
Josh D

Thank you for the lead! I will probably be contacting him after I get my laser.

My Wicked Lasers Arctic which is advertised as 1W comes in at about 760mw on high, but on low power, it comes in about 90mw (should be around 100mw.) I have never been bothered by this since the de-rating off maximum extends the laser diode lifespan.
Point is, > 1W commercially advertised may well come in 15 - 20% low. If you purchase from someone in the forum that does custom builds, you will probably be much happier with the power output. (Based upon my reading of posts over 18 months.)

Thank you for the information. I am definitely planning on purchasing from a builder on the forum, I was just going to be curious as to the exact rating so I know where I stand :)