Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPM Switch Mod

jayrob

At first, I thought I just had a bad battery. Because my first battery that I put into the Laser Power Meter went low so quickly. Then I read here, on pg. 8 of this thread:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1194557012/105#108
Specifically posts # 108 and # 109, that Gazoo and DDL had measured a current draw, even when the LPM is off. So I started looking for a nice switch that would be a clean mount. It just so happens, that this flashlight 'clicky' switch works very nicely!
LPM switch1.jpg

I got these at DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5632
I found that a 21/64 drill bit, was the perfect size hole for a tight pressed in fit.
LPM switch2.jpg

The only thing to watch out for besides the location, is that the white plastic 'stick on' labeling on the LPM can tear with a drill bit. I had to clean it up with an x-acto blade.
LPM switch3.jpg

Anyway, I'm very happy with the end result! The switch is a nice solid 'click', so that it won't accidentally be clicked on...
Jay

T

timelord

Nice work there Jayrob I especially like the way you've attached the ND filter too. I just hold mine on with good old blu-tack which works well and is trouble free...

Attachments

• DSC00061_002.JPG
    DSC00061_002.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 193

Gazoo

The switch mod is excellent. I will be doing something similar.

jayrob

Timelord said:
Nice work there Jayrob I especially like the way you've attached the ND filter too. I just hold mine on with good old blu-tack which works well and is trouble free...
Thanks Timelord...Seems like most of the measurements are done with the filter in place anyway! I like that I don't have to remove it from the LPM. Just slide it over. No finger prints either...

The switch mod is excellent. I will be doing something similar.
Thanks Gazoo...I am quite happy with it. These LPMs are pretty nice, I thought mine deserved a little extra special treatment!
Jay