Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF's Religion

HitShane

That's the trouble with the bible. Everything is contextual. It was never meant to be taken literally. It is a guide that tries to teach that you should do more for others than you do for yourself.
Like killing everyone on the planet? And making us rebuild through incest and sin? And don't give me that Old Testament New Testament bullshit. Jesus is quoted in the New Testament, quoting his father's words from the Old Testament. God murders children and kittens. He has the power to stop it but doesn't. Jesus only died for 3 days and then rose again. Jesus gave up his weekend for your sins.

Last edited:

BobMc

That's fine. Just know that you and your kind are the laughing stock of the developed world and the scientific community.
Actually the young earth/creationist are the fear of the scientific community. That is why their being fired whenever they plant their flag and speak out. Because the evidence is on their side and the evolutionist just are besides themselves not knowing what to do, for their theory is coming apart at the seems. Don’t take my word for it, do your own research and you will see that I’m speaking the truth.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
Let me interject a third view point. What ever our viewpoint, we can always find ways to substantiate what we want to believe to be the truth, to the exclusion of others.

BobMc

But it really doesn’t matter what I think, or you think, or what someone else thinks. Doesn’t it just matter what the truth is ?

Last edited:

paul1598419

By getting your science from a book written 1600 years ago, you will never know the "truth". It was a major reason for "The Dark Ages" and real scientists were persecuted as blasphemists for speaking truth to the masses. Times have changed a little for some christians as they no longer believe the earth is the center of the universe, but if you believe 65 million year old soft tissue exists, you are only fooling yourself.

It is true that mammoths frozen in the ice in the arctic have been found intact, but that was only 20,000 years ago.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ps; check out the YouTube videos of where they found soft tissue and blood cells in the bone marrow of hundreds of dinosaurs bones. Find it curious that the lady that found them got fired from her position. Been quite an interesting couple of months. Enjoy and stay safe. :)
By getting your science from a book written 1600 years ago, you will never know the "truth". It was a major reason for "The Dark Ages" and real scientists were persecuted as blasphemists for speaking truth to the masses. Times have changed a little for some christians as they no longer believe the earth is the center of the universe, but if you believe 65 million year old soft tissue exists, you are only fooling yourself.

It is true that mammoths frozen in the ice in the arctic have been found intact, but that was only 20,000 years ago.

Interesting, I had to actually look that up and didn't know about this discovery:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur-shocker-115306469/

^Here's hoping that there is some viable DNA in there so they can bring T-Rex back to life - just don't let some corrupt, obese computer hacker have total control over the electric fences please. ;)

Interesting they actually had to mention in the article though: lol

Meanwhile, Schweitzer’s research has been hijacked by “young earth” creationists, who insist that dinosaur soft tissue couldn’t possibly survive millions of years.....

...This drives Schweitzer crazy. Geologists have established that the Hell Creek Formation, where B. rex was found, is 68 million years old, and so are the bones buried in it. She’s horrified that some Christians accuse her of hiding the true meaning of her data. “They treat you really bad,” she says.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Very interesting article. I wouldn't hold out much hope of finding any viable DNA, however. It is a very fragile molecule that is easily contaminated by microbe DNA and even skin cells. There is no doubt that the specimen is 68 million years old. That has been proven through many techniques, including the rocks around which the specimen was found.

I can feel Schweitzer's frustration with these "young earth" nuts who take fragments of her data and twist her findings to try to make a case for the earth only existing for a few thousand years. Even the Catholic Church recognizes the earth is billions of years old. These nuts are trying to "prove" the existence of a god. That is something Schweitzer, herself, believes can never be done. :banghead:

BobMc

I’m glad you found the article(s) Ears&Eggs, and you found them interesting. In one of the seminars/lectures I listened to. It’s being reported that after Mrs Schweitzer lost her position, another University picked her up and she went back to the same dig where she found the soft tissue and subsequently found (I searched and found no confirmation of this) but it’s being reported they she found T-Rex skin with attached blood vessels. If true, I find this fascinating also. You never know, maybe Jurassic Park is just around the corner. I for one would love a pet Stegosaurus. :crackup:

Last edited:

BobMc

I wonder, did you think the same thing when I posted about the soft tissue and blood vessels being found? Until you found out I was telling the truth.

Last edited:

paul1598419

I say what I think, Bob. Schweitzer was never fired for trying to say that your beliefs are a real. In fact, she doesn't believe for a second that the earth isn't 4.54 billion years old. She has said that she is a christian, but that is a matter of faith, science is what you can prove. There couldn't be two more diametrically opposed ideas.

BobMc

I never said she was a young earth/creationist. She is an evolutionist. That’s what makes it so bizarre. That she, being a evolutionist, was still fired for bringing forth the data about the soft tissue and blood vessels.

Edit; I have only hear it in one lecture/seminar about the T-Rex skin and attached blood vessels that’s why I wrote “no confirmation of this” and I have searched (somewhat) for a article/video, whatever to confirm. But to date have failed to find any. It was a recent seminar, the find was supposedly recent in 2017-16.(if I remembered correctly) I am so hoping for a pet Stegosaurs.

Last edited:

Nutball

They tried finding useful DNA in a very well preserved thawing Mammoth, but the DNA was too damaged. Theoretically they could just engineer one out of an elephant.

At least it doesn't matter for our salvation what we believe regarding the age of the earth. I have often had a feeling that the age scientists put on things is too old, not that the earth isn't millions/billions of years old (I don't know, it would be interesting to find out, but I'm not in a hurry), but mainly on human life and some other things such as people existing 10k,20k, to even 1-2M years ago.They can certainly make mistakes, it is certainly possible for them to be deceitful, but I'm sure they have some pretty good resoning and methods to support their findings. The most truth will be found in research as it requires truth to discover truth. Flawed methods will not find truth.

I think human life on earth is extremely recent, but there's no reason why the whole universe had to be created in 6 earth days because that, even if it might be possible for God, isn't natural to our universe, and is unnecessary. We know how slowly things happen in space like the time it would take a planet to form, just considering the time it takes distant asteroids to orbit the sun. More glory to God for patiently investing billions of years to let every beautiful detail of existence lead to the next even if it's purpose were to eventually hold mankind for a relative blip in its time line. All things are for God's glory anyway, and that's how it should be.

paul1598419

I never said she was a young earth/creationist. She is an evolutionist. That’s what makes it so bizarre. That she, being a evolutionist, was still fired for bringing forth the data about the soft tissue and blood vessels.

I don't know where you got your information from, but I have researched Mary Higby Schweitzer's life and can find nothing concerning her firing for bringing this new information to light. She has three children, was recently divorced, there are reams of documents about her research, but being fired? nothing.