Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Thanks for supporting LPF!

Avery's Instagram | Open Source Cybersecurity Software by Avery | Considering selling LPF, DM if interested

LPF's Religion

Meatball

The big bang is an impossiblity

Where does the Bible say that?

For SOME reason, I can't seem to find it. :thinking:

Oh yeah, its not my physics text book.

Somedude

... What?!? I give up.

ZIuVg.gif

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Usually I'd shoot down all your points and perhaps provide a few links, but something tells me you're the stubborn type and will accept no evidence contrary to your view no matter how compelling.

I really gotta stay out of this thread. The stupid burns too much.

Well since the name calling has began as usual how about if i start using scriptures to answer questions?
No Dave im not a troll at all ,
Funny, when someone who believe the bible shows up they are ridiculed , when an atheist shows up, they get a pat on the back and welcome to the club.
If anybodys trolling it isnt me,,,,ive even did my best to leave the catholic church alone, which isnt easy,

daguin

Well since the name calling has began as usual how about if i start using scriptures to answer questions?
No Dave im not a troll at all ,
Funny, when someone who believe the bible shows up they are ridiculed , when an atheist shows up, they get a pat on the back and welcome to the club.
If anybodys trolling it isnt me,,,,ive even did my best to leave the catholic church alone, which isnt easy,

You jumped the shark with this post
http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/lpfs-religion-34223-88.html#post1009913

It shows a distinct break with reality or intentional obfuscation to elicit a response

And you still haven't answered my question

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

Somedude

Isaiah 40:21-23.

21*Do YOU people not know? Do YOU not hear? Has it not been told to YOU from the outset? Have YOU not applied understanding from the foundations of the earth? 22*There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell, 23*the One who is reducing high officials to nothing, who has made the very judges of the earth as a mere unreality.

Again, im not a troll dave , i actually resent that, i was trying to have an adult conversation , i wasnt even being preachy.
You fellas continue on with your beliefs , sorry i intruded into an open thread with facts.

Again why is it, if a atheist shows up hes treated with respect and reason, if a believe shows up, hes ridiculed? One of us is doing something wrong inside.

Im wondering if you could answer that question .

Somedude

daguin

Isaiah 40:21-23.

21*Do YOU people not know? Do YOU not hear? Has it not been told to YOU from the outset? Have YOU not applied understanding from the foundations of the earth? 22*There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell, 23*the One who is reducing high officials to nothing, who has made the very judges of the earth as a mere unreality.

Again, im not a troll dave , i actually resent that, i was trying to have an adult conversation , i wasnt even being preachy.
You fellas continue on with your beliefs , sorry i intruded into an open thread with facts.

Again why is it, if a atheist shows up hes treated with respect and reason, if a believe shows up, hes ridiculed? One of us is doing something wrong inside.

Im wondering if you could answer that question .

OK folks. I'm done

This is PURE troll Dude

Peace,
dave

Isoleucine

Quote from above ^^

Err, I was told about religion from text that is over 2 millennia old and translated hundreds if not thousands of times by imperfect humans... how can I believe such information if it was written in a world where people were sub-knowledgeable? We didn't know much about the world back then. Now we do. And I firmly believe that today, this year, this decade is the END of the beginning.

I feel religion is beginning to release its grasp form the world rather quickly. The new generation of people are arising in the age of INFORMATION and knowledge. Far more information that is new and testable, not just evolution. Religion cannot possibly argue against all the medicine, mathematics, astronomy, biology, and all the other fields of science and discovery.

If religion were to attack science by evolution, I see it as a straw-man argument... and even then, religion is proving to have a tough time defeating that straw man. Im studying argument and reasoning.

In fact religion is merely a belief and cannot be reliably tested.

Bluefan

... new generation of people are arising in the age of INFORMATION and knowledge. Far more information that is new and testable, not just evolution. ... medicine, mathematics, astronomy, biology, and all the other fields of science and discovery....

There you have your religion. This is what you're faith is in. This is what you proclaim is the truth, like a religious fanatic. You ridicule everybody deviating from your views, telling them you or people like you hold the truth and that others are wrong and pathetic. Your beliefs are what everybody tells you is the truth, your belief is in the system of man looking for knowledge and in their achievements.

I overdid on the drama (let me have my fun), but I don't think you've put your own view of the world in the right perspective.

Isoleucine

I won't comment on the above paragraph, but I will respond to what follows.

Well, when one wishes to change their views on the world, they must be presented reasonable information and evidence, correct? This is not something where we are expected to believe in something without reasonable evidence. Let me present a reasonable analogy.

If one person, or an entire community is expected to change their opinion, belief, or factual data (or even knowledge of a subject), they must be presented evidence. A classic example of this can be seen when a Wicked Lasers customer (fanatic, fan, lover, does not properly describe a person so) appears on this forum claiming their superiority in their laser technology and performance. Most people here on this forum deny that claim and surely demand evidence. For one to have a proper argument, they must present persuasive evidence that can be reasonably used in a presentation (i.e. creation of a thread). And so, such things such as 'trolling' have created nonsense in argument over absolutely nothing (no evidence), and thats one of the reasons why we don't like it.

In this scenario, I've simply been presented with adequate information to change my worldview into something else. If I interpret your statement as it stands, one can definitely change their beliefs. Its the acceptance of nonsense information is what we are concerned about. Furthermore, as a learner, if you want to present to me a different worldview that is correct in your beliefs, I expect reasonable evidence (real world phenomenon) and a strong, well formulated presentation, but not in another thread. I will accept your view if I can deem it reasonable for the world to exist that way.

For what it is, I'll appreciate the work in finding the evidence as this is the internet.

Toke

I am not sure how relevant it is by now, but I am pretty sure one of those apostles were reported martyred 3-4 times in different locations.
So even the somewhat irrelevant point of them really believing in jesus is in doubt.

borgqueenx

There you have your religion. This is what you're faith is in. This is what you proclaim is the truth, like a religious fanatic. You ridicule everybody deviating from your views, telling them you or people like you hold the truth and that others are wrong and pathetic. Your beliefs are what everybody tells you is the truth, your belief is in the system of man looking for knowledge and in their achievements.

I overdid on the drama (let me have my fun), but I don't think you've put your own view of the world in the right perspective.

And your religion if i may ask?
You deal with light after all:) could be a nice image/example of somethi....someone.

borgqueenx

Somedude, there is no real arguing possible with people with other beliefs.
You know this yourself. But hey i was also a bit dumb to try^^
I like your post about all will answer to god one day.
Its indeed true... Im glad he shows mercy for me, saying that with respect, since hes the one needing to give me that when that time comes.

daguin

My niece came to visit with this shirt on :crackup:

0573so.jpg

Peace,
dave

xoul

I believe that I will answer to God for my actions when I die, there is no question in my mind. It's not about proof. If i had proof, it wouldn't require faith to believe in it. To me, the world as it is in proof enough. How can one think the universe was spontaneously created on its own? Don't you think something had to provoke or engage universe creation? If it was spontaneously created, why did it happen at when it did, and not X years prior? I don't see the logic in how the universe co

Since I'm NOT an expert on Big Bang theory (the "prevailing cosmological model that explains the early development of the Universe"), I headed over to Wiki to read a word for word explanation.

From Wikipedia: Big Bang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"According to the Big Bang theory, the Universe was once in an extremely hot and dense state which expanded rapidly. This rapid expansion caused the young Universe to cool and resulted in its present continuously expanding state. According to the most recent measurements and observations, this original state existed approximately 13.7 billion years ago,[2][3] which is considered the age of the Universe and the time the Big Bang occurred.[4][5]"

But, how did this "extremely hot and dense state" universe come into existence? How long did it exist? Why did it exist X years before it began to expand, and not less/more? To me, it would take just as much faith to believe that is an accurate explanation, as it would be to believe in God.

But I digress. I don't feel I need to to defend my religion, as whatever everyone else believes doesn't weigh in to my belief. I believe in it because I feel deep down inside that it is right. You can think/believe whatever you like.

I just wish everyone would try seek the answers for themselves. In today's world, it's so popular to make jabs at religion that some people I think just go with their peers and don't put any thought or feeling into it.

There is one thing that we can all agree on for fact - you will die one day. Be sure you're absolutely ready.