Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF briefly mentioned in article about latest incident

Thank for sharing.

One thing I don't understand is this paragraph:
"I don't believe for a moment that this young man was doing anything other than trying to determine if his laser pointer could reach out far enough to get to the helicopter," Ledford said"

Why aim it at a helicopter? Is a tree not good enough? IMHO a 19 year old should have more common sense then that, just my $0.02!

-Alex

Heh, that snipped quote makes it sound like we're threatening to kill anybody who uses a laser for such purposes. That their family members may turn up missing or something.

Still, glad to see that someone reporting that we very much dislike when an irresponsible punk reflects poorly on our hobby.

Thank for sharing.

One thing I don't understand is this paragraph:
"I don't believe for a moment that this young man was doing anything other than trying to determine if his laser pointer could reach out far enough to get to the helicopter," Ledford said"

Why aim it at a helicopter? Is a tree not good enough? IMHO a 19 year old should have more common sense then that, just my $0.02!

-Alex
Because he's still a kid mentally. The neocortex which is involved in foreseeing outcomes isn't developed enough to stop impulsive behavior. Think back to some of the stupid things you did in your youth. Do you know why you did them? Probably not. But that's not an excuse.

I got a feeling there's this stigma attached against Laser Pointers...

Maybe LPF is bound for a name change or something.
Cos when people think of laser pointers , they usually think of harmless toys they drive their cats mad with...

The lasers we own DEFINITELY is not suitable for playing with cats lol
We need to send a message that we are FOR safe use of laser as an entertainment form .

While it was a stupid thing to do, at least he fessed up to it. Wonder how this would turn out.