Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lpc 826 and optical

Hi all ..

i am little speak english sory. i am from Turkey. i am new user forum.. Forum is a great .. But i don't understand some thing... if you help me maybe i am build a diy laser pointer...

i think a build burning laser pointer. how i sellect laser led and other equipment? ( led + host + lens + battery + voltage regulator = pointer ) is it right?

i was read many times many forums ..

1- if i buy lpc-826 or lpc-836 diode how i complate pointer? And the led burning led?

2- how i sellect other equipment for example host or voltage regulator..

3- is the host include led cooler and focus lens? and the lesn change wavelength?

5- is the laser beam visible or not visible ? ( day and night )

6- where i buy this parts single pack?

you guide me how i complate project thank you very much..

Last edited:

Basically yes that is correct, buy the LPC-836 Mitsubishi red 660nm diode not the 826 as its about 50mw more powerful at only a small difference in price ,use a C6 host cheap but looks good and does the job, get a buck driver as it works better and you have more range in batteries you can use, use a good heat sink for the driver board and the diode, make sure the diode is very well seated in the host, heatsink well the driver board ,be very careful in the soldering of the diode so you don't kill it or reduce its life ...and good Luck...PS use G2 lens for maximum output this doesn't answer all your questions but gives you a good start

Last edited:
Hi friends..

i have a LG CD-RW / DVD rom drive .. 52x32x52x i unplug lens and laser led.. Can i use this laser led or not use ?

is the ansver yes use it the second question how many voltage apply this laser led? 2.2 volt 3.0 volt or higher? what is the maximum voltage?

and about lpc-826 !

what is nominal operating voltage ? and maximum operating voltage?
Do you have a datasheet or voltage X power output table?

For example if i use lpc-826 led supply voltage 5.5 volt or 6.0 volt.. how is change led life ?

Thank you your patience.. maybe simple this questions but i have not information our language. Sory..

NKO29

Well, with a stock aixiz lens, me and blaster found out that a lpc-836 will output about 260mW at 420mA current. That is enough to burn but you NEED heatsinking for it. Being 660nm, the beam is barely visible UNLESS pointed into the sky. I found that the lpc-836 makes an excellent star pointer :)

Yes at night the 660nm red at that power is like a lower power green but very visible i actually tested nite viewing only the night before and the beam is indeed quite visible and it does burn quite well.

NKO29

For my eyes, it wasnt as bright as a green of the same power but the beam divergence seemed amazing. the beam was straight, thin and looked to go on forever. Whereas the blue didn't have such a good divergence. Probably because it is multi-mode.
EDIT:I am so sorry for the last part of that. I got confused between 2 threads and my horrible history teacher :p

Last edited:

NKO29

BTW you CANNOT just give it volts, you have to regulate the amperage with a driver.