Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPC-826 ~250-300mw

This is my first high powered laser and first build as well. Went smooth.

Survival Laser C6
SL 450ma Driver/Pill
LPC-826 in Aixiz module (HTD)
Red Anodized Alumium heatsink
Extended Black anodized focus knob

Duty cycle seems to be infinite :beer:

IMG_6915_zpsb96109b9.jpg

IMG_6911_zpsaf013a1c.jpg

IMG_6907_zpsd9875e76.jpg

2_zpsc34037f2.jpg

Last edited:

got any pictures of the build itself or just the finished product? looks killer, love the all black with hint of red.....sinister looking

EDIT: What lens you using under that SL extended focus?

Last edited:
You know I should have taken pics of the build process but in all honesty, with the pill/driver that Survival sells.. it takes much of the work out of it. The only real pic you would want to see is soldering the Driver leads to the diode pins but I have no doubt you can find that on here somewhere.. sorry.

I am doing an M140 build soon so I will document the whole process on that one. Diode is on the way (DTR) and as soon as Survival gets back I will be using the S4. I'm still not sure about the driver tho.. 1.25A or 1.5A. It just seems like so much power even at 1.25A.

As far as the lens, it is an AR coated acrylic from Survival. I also ordered a DTR glass 3 element lens for it as well just to try it out (it also has metal threads woot)

I appreciate it livinloud.. I must say I am happy with her. Still waiting on proper batteries but with the 6v she's using now, I've already popped balloons at 40+ feet. Im gonna shoot for even more distance and film it :thanks:

IsaacT

I understand your predicament with documenting. For me, I have to concentrate so completely on not fudging up it is really difficult to also stop and take pictures. So hard.

i completely forgot the SL kit was all put together and just add a diode, brain fart

want to snap a picture of how SL does their pill/driver set up. i noticed they just use a copper ring instead of the normal C6 retainer. just interested in how they sell the package and solder everything up. may get one of these if i feel laser on my laser build

Also, does anyone know if the C6 heat sink fits the S4 or are they slightly different?

Last edited:
seems straight forward, btw i edited my post above with a few added questions about the build

The heatsinks are interchangeable I can confirm. The S4 is based off of the C6.

As far as pics, I'll see what I can come up with

sweet, i bought a few heat sinks from moh's GB and the more i look at the S4 the more i want to do that instead

My plan thus far is a S4 host with C6 heat sink (if im going 650nm or 405nm ill go with red or black and if i do a higher power 445nm then ill use the copper) depending on the pics you can post of the pre-built driver/pill i may go that route or just get a driver and do the work myself. red/black extended focus ring for 650nm build, purple for 405nm and blue for 445nm build. easy to tell what wavelength is what :)

simple, clean yet unique.....i have two other hosts on the way and now i plan on doing 3 more builds. all excess spending stops and goes towards these builds lol

Last edited:
Sorry for not having any pics. I know if I took her apart and put her back together, she'd still work fine but she's so new I'm not going to open her back up right away. On the flip side my friend, I've got this sexy little M140 staring at me and I will be using SL's 1.5A driver/pill. I will take the time to get detailed pill pics.

I have a lot of similar ideas. I shall be using Sl's extended Cu heatsink in the S4. If I happen to start my build before you it will be perfect as you will be doing a nearly identical build.

I probably would have chosen the red focus ring for my red build but the black and red combo with the heatsink just works. The other factor that made it easy to decide is that the black was priced at $10 and the red is about $18! Sadly I am going to have to bite that bullet when I buy the blue one.. also priced at $18. Not cheap but after owning one I can justify getting another one

Last edited:
when are you doing the m140 build? i havent bought any of the SL parts yet so you'll prob do it before me, which would be good since im still in the air about the pre-made pill/driver and just doing it myself.

Don't quote me on this but I'll probably do it in a week or two. SL won't be back until the 6th so I'll place my order then.

If you are up in the air about the driver/pill, I have to ask what alternative you were thinking of and how it compares price-wise. I guess I'm still somewhat of a novice as I haven't done a driver from scratch but it's still primarily just soldering. Gotta give props to the guys doing fully custom builds; machining out flashlight hosts, making they're own driver, pressing they're own diode, etc.

On a budget (and who isn't) building from scratch makes the most sense but the one thing I can tell you is if you do decide to go with WL, you will love the company AND the product.

Would anyone care to see a couple parts I made out of 6Al-4V Ti using additive manufacturing (EBM)? Just curious, it's one of my other hobbies and would love to share

Last edited:
well my option is buying THIS and just drop it straight in the host. if i dont do that then i would have to buy THIS DRIVER and put it into the copper ring and pill included in THIS HOST......already put together cost $35 while driver costs $20 and the host comes with the pill and copper ring needed to complete the build.

i am not at the level of building a driver from scratch, its just how lazy i feel and how nice of a job SL does with soldering the driver/pill together as a package.

EDIT: that isnt the only option for drivers, i could use one from cajun laser, mohgasm or other sources but im just using that one as an example since it would ship out in one package :)

Last edited:
Brainfart; what diode are you going to power with that ~450ma (1st link)? Thats the exact one I am using. You need to decide if you want to run one battery or two. If you want to only have to use one 18357 (or w/e it is rofl) then get this one here: DIY 530mA Driver & Pill Module

I wanted a little longer life from the diode so I opted for the lower power however it does require 2 RCR123A batteries to run optimally.