Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lpc-815 Lab build

Hey everyone kind of new to this forum so thought I would share one of my recent projects. This is my lab style Lpc-815 LASER. It took me about a day to build as I used scrap parts to build it. The driver is a homemade lm317 driver circuit set at 420mAh. The heatsink is from an old computer and everything else is out of my scrap bin. anyways here is a video about it. hope you enjoy! :)

YouTube - High Power Burning Red Laser

(PS: There isnt a way to embed youtube videos on this forum is there?)

Very nice laser, I've never seen a finned heatsink used like that befor :thinking: there dosn't seem to be much contact of aluminum with the Aixiz module so I wouldn't count on it cooling your module much. keep us posted as to how long it lasts ;) +1 for you for your first laser :D

seoguy

Thanks for the replies everyone! Surprisingly the heatsink does work pretty well I've had some pretty long duty cycles and this thing hasn't even gotten warm.

remember, even though the heatsink hasn't gotten warm doesn't mean the diode hasn't
it just means that the heat hasn't been transmitted through yet

Yeah I know I'm feeling the front part of the module that sticks out a bit for a better sense of the diodes actual heat

^ alright, that should give you a better sense of whats going on

Nice build, I see this is a video response to one of my videos! :D

Very nice laser, I've never seen a finned heatsink used like that befor :thinking: there dosn't seem to be much contact of aluminum with the Aixiz module so I wouldn't count on it cooling your module much. keep us posted as to how long it lasts ;) +1 for you for your first laser :D
I built a laser with a very similar design that has run for hours on end without problem, the fins suck away enough of the heat to avoid problems.