Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lowest divergence for <10mW ?

BKarim

where can i find a laser pointer of 5 or 10mW with the lowest possible divergence ?

Divergence has nothing to do with power.

Some of us want a tight beam with a small dot without that dot scorching the wall.

If you were doing a presentation where a finely detailed map or schematic was projected for the audience, the presenter may want to point to a specific location rather than a larger area on the intended target.

there could be a dozen reasons for wanting the "dot" to be small and tight at a distance.

to BKarim - the best thing to do is sit down, take a notebook, look at your available options and write down the specs, when you find the pointer that suits your needs, order that one. Good hunting!

Last edited:
My viper has excellent divergence and i LOVE it, thin beams are the best and look great outside, but as i previously stated, your gonna want more power for outdoor pointing. and you can get way better divergence but you will have to pay for it...

Because not everyone wants to burn stuff.

where did i say anything on this post about burning anything????? you want a tight beam for specific pointing at presentations and dont want to blind ppl thats fine, but for outside use youd just be wasting money on something so weak, just buy a 10mW from DX or the sorts and save a few hundred... ive(personaly) never saw a point in spending top dollar for a quality 5mW, a cheap one will do the same thing, unless you have a unique and specific purpose for needing such good divergence, and even a 5mW green with the best posible divergence would still cast a haze around the dot making it look much bigger and therefor renering it useless for small pinpointing