Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lowering laser power.

I still can't figure out a good way to lower the power of a laser diode. For example how would one lower the power of a pl450 diode? I thought you could do it with pulses but not sure for 100 percent. I was looking at getting. Pl450 down to 5mw but can't find a good solution. I know I asked this already but I can't find anything.

Blaster that's a bit of a no duh answer... The pl450 only comes in 125mw and 1w versions. I was wondering if pulsing the 125mw could produce a lower power. I'll check into those filters thanks.

OSRAM 450nm 50-80mw Blue Laser Diodes/Single Mode/PL-450 run it on less voltage, you will get 25mW...out of it at 35:dollars on eBay ie buy a different version of same diode ...theres not only two versions of a PL -450 diode as far as getting down to 5mW suppose its how low will it operate at lower voltage, there's a thread if you use the search on the forum.and you did say as an example a pl450 diode not it must be that diode.Two of the lasers in my signature use the 1 watt version of the Pl 450 diode .

Last edited: