Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lower powered single mode 638nm and 450nm lasers?

I have been trying to find some lower powered single mode 638nm and 450nm lasers and they seam to be very few and far between. I would love a 200-300 mw single mode for the awesome beam specs. If anyone knows were i would get a nice one in ether wavelength let me know im very interested :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Alex, take a look at DTR's store, he has exactly what you're looking for. :)

Last edited:
ya ik but i have no laser building skills what so ever. :cryyy:

Maybe you should post a want to buy thread in the B/S/T area, say what your budget is and there's a chance someone may have one they would sell, or maybe someone will offer to build one for you.

Alan

Maybe you should post a want to buy thread in the B/S/T area, say what your budget is and there's a chance someone may have one they would sell, or maybe someone will offer to build one for you.

Alan

that is a good idea. i see jet lasers has a pen thats 100mw single mode 635nm but i want something a bit more powerful

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
If you end up having something built for you, those 638nm Opnext/Oclaro 120mW, or 170mW diodes are great.
You can have 2+ times the output of the J/L pen. I used the 120mW version in my Ti-B and Coleman builds, and I'm getting over 200mW consistantly; check the link in my sig. to see it.

Last edited:
If you end up having something built for you, those 638nm Opnext/Oclaro 120mW, or 170mW diodes are great.
You can have 2+ times the output of the J/L pen. I used the 120mW version in my Ti-B build, and I'm getting over 200mW consistantly; check the link in my sig. to see it.

i want that laser !!!

Last edited:
if mrcrouse is still around he may have some 501B plug and burn kits for sale. those are cheap and more than adequate for low powered builds. the modules for an osram plp450 450nm and oclaro 638nm with g lenses, assuming those are the lenses you want, would run $232, $188 with three element lenses. I cant remember what each plug and burn kit costs, but they're basically the cheapest host you can get, I wanna say they were $20 each or less. its really not hard to make one, all you need is a cheap soldering iron, since the only soldering you'll have to do is to the battery board, much easier to get right than trying to solder a diode or driver leads

As a big time old schooler who has only recently found my way back to the hobby, this thread made me chuckle. I remember when a 2-300 mW 660 or 405 was a top dog handheld, and 635s over 10mW were prohibitively expensive.

It's gonna take me a while to get used to this! :shhh: